Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perhaps you could ask around?French Software Recomendations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildchild

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Perhaps you could ask around?French Software Recomendations? Reply with quote

I would like to request recommendations for some French language learning/teaching software for a novice student who has minimal computer skills but would be learning/working alone (without a teacher). The desire of the student is to obtain some basic conversational skills such as greetings, talking about family, et cetera.
It doesn't matter if it is free or commercial. But I would prefer something which the student can do at their own pace. Perhaps you could ask around? I would greatly appreciate any info that you may have.

Thanks!
medusa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: learn languages website Reply with quote

Why don't you check out the BBC website. They have a large section called Language Learning or something like that and have step by step teach yourself information on a number of languages including French. Smile
wildchild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medusa,

I thank you for your reply. I have seen the BBC language programs and I think that they are quite good i.e. usefull. Also, while I was waiting, I searched for other software online. After viewing many seemingly useless websites (which is a shame because I am sure that the authors put a lot of work into creating them) I found one which is quite good and free (like those of the BBC) but which follows a significantly different syllabus than that of the BBC. It seems that it was developed for young students but I think that adults might enjoy it aswell. Perhaps you would be interested:

http://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/languagesonline/default.htm

Also, there exists a website which serves as a collection of multimedia educational materials in a variety of fields and languages. I found the above site there and wanted to share it with you aswell:

http://www.merlot.org/Home.po

Thanks again for your reply.

-Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: