Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alpha Beta American Children School - Any info helpful soon!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:32 am    Post subject: Alpha Beta American Children School - Any info helpful soon! Reply with quote

Hey there

I'm thinking of taking a job with this school here in Taipei - Alpha Beta American Children School

Anyone who has experience with them or info on them would be great. I would love to know there reputation as a school to work for and if I should go with the job - I don't want to take the job without know they're reputatio!!!

Any info would be very helpful!

Cheers

Bond
Aristotle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpha Beta
The address I have for this school is in Tien Mue, Taipei.
This school has been around for a few years. I have 7 complaints reported over the last 8 years. Two of these were confirmed.
Three complaints were made about keeping work deposits in excess of 30,000Nt over a one year period.
Other issues were low pay, rude/oppressive management and not enough hours. I have an old contract from a former teacher, about five years ago, it is depressing just to read.
There have been no reports in the last two years, I suspect they have either started hiring through an agent or cleaned up their act.
My recommendation is that you proceed with caution and talk to as many foreign teachers there as possible about potential problems.
Good Luck
A.
canadiangirl99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there

I live near to an Alpha Beta school in Taipei city and know a bit about it, if indeed it is the same one. If you'd like to PM me, I can fill you in.

talk to you soon,

a fellow Canadian
Bond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!!!

I took the job - talked to one of the teachers and heard that the bad rep could be from one of the directors who deals with other schools in the city and not the one in Tien Muo. Hopefully it will be ok and i'll proceed with caution for sure!

Thanks

Bond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: