Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Satisfying life & work outside larger Czech & Slovak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph violin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Satisfying life & work outside larger Czech & Slovak Reply with quote

Greetings from Spain. This is my third year of teaching English as a second language. Most of my experience has been here in Madrid, where I completed a 4-week intensive TEFL certificate course in 2003. Life in Madrid has its benefits, but for me it does not feel like the elusive "home." I wish to look into less urban alternatives, and possibly line up work before my current teaching responsibilities end in June.
I participated as an English teacher in a music/English camp in Poland this past summer. This was my first experience of eastern Europe, and it appealed to me, though I only began to get a grasp of Slavic languages.
Now I am interested in making contact with other ESL teachers and with ESL schools in eastern Europe, particularly in the Czeck or Slovak Republic or in southern Poland. I recall seeing job postings that included such statements as: pay is modest, but we offer free German classes and support in getting working papers and housing; or, prefer teachers who have a strong background in the arts; or, the school is in a beautiful natural environment.
I would be delighted to hear from teachers who have had positive experiences of finding and holding such teaching posts. Of course, I'll answer questions about my background and my experience of Spain as well as I can. Thanks for reading.
Joseph violin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: beyond the larger cities of Czech & Slovak Republics Reply with quote

Hello... in my first message, a part of the intended subject line was cut off. I am still interested in hearing from people who have experienced satisfying life and work in the Czech or Slovak Republic, outside such major cities as Prague.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: