Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions/safety concerns in regards to moving to Kuwait

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sassyauburn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Questions/safety concerns in regards to moving to Kuwait Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm in the process of applying for a teaching position at a private american school in Kuwait and am doing my own homework to see if this is the right career move for me. I've observed that most everyone on this site is honest with their opinions and well-informed so I'm hoping that you can help me out. Smile

I'm a single parent of a young teen and am wondering how safe it is to bring her to an area with the kind of turmoil Kuwiat and surrounding countries have been experiencing. How do other parents feel?

I'm also from American and you hear so much hype in the media about being targets that you don't know what to believe. Do other Americans feel threatened? What precautions do you take?

Thanks for taking the time to help me become better informed. Very Happy

Sincerely,

Sassyauburn
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sassyauburn,

Thus far any attacks of foreigners in Kuwait have been have men obviously connected to the US military (and most of them have been near the base). But this type of thing is naturally random and unpredictable. It would not keep me from going, though taking a child is another issue.

I would be a bit more concerned about the location of Kuwait if the US decided to attack Iran. All bets are off in that situation... it would be a disaster for all of us.

Be sure to check out the school thoroughly before accepting. Some of them are quite ghastly as employers. If many Americans are sending their kids to the school, it is probably fine - if the only thing American is the name... beware... Try to communicate with current and past teachers...

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: