Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical Tests? Any doctors here?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
menace2society32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Medical Tests? Any doctors here? Reply with quote

OK. This is sory of a personal question. Before arriving in Kuwait, I contracted Hepatitus A and Typhoid while backpacking in underveloped countries. With relation to the HEP, a doctor in one of these countries told me that it wasn't B but he couldn't tell me if it as A or C due to the limited medical equipment they had. I am confident it was A as I had B and C tests done later in my home country and both were negative. Well, in a couple days I have to do a medical check and am concerned as to whether or not they test for Hep A and if so, what are the odds that it is still detectable? It was in November that I felt really bad and went to the doctor in an underveloped country and was given medication for both typhoid and hep. So i am estimating October as the month that I contracted A. I have done a little research on the net and although there is no medication to get rid of the Hep (only medicine to combat the symptoms), I hear it goes away within 6 months. I am assuming that the typhoid is gone. If there are any teachers out there who used to be doctors, please give me some info. Any info is appreciated. Will they still detect the Hep A or do they even test for it? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: