Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where is it green(ish)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: where is it green(ish)? Reply with quote

ChrisRose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See post
"Electronic Map of Hong Kong."

It will be a good guidline to understanding HK Geography.

Next visit the Centerline or Midland online estate agents.
You can search available apartments by location, price etc. I would just use it as a guildline as smaller local estate agents tend to have cheaper prices.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bertrand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about your rent; you get 13,000 dollars a month from the government of the SAR of HK of the PRC. If I were you, I would live as CLOSE AS POSSIBLE to where you are set to work. You will see why when you begin work here. Tsing Yi has some lovely new flats and some nice villas in the old villages. 1,000 a month for travel is nothing! That is less than 100 UK pounds! I spent that a week in London on the public transport system and I was not earning the amount I earn now in HK! Having said that, I spend 6 dollars a day on the bus here!
pintobean

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was in HK, my friend lived in Tsuen Mun...I really like the New Territories, a LOT of green, but sooooo far from everything...there were other beautiful places too, I can remember the name of the town, but there is the place with the wishing tree, that people throw oranges at it during CHinese New Year, it was really pretty there as well, but a little far...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: