Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know about this school or these companies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lost in toronto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone know about this school or these companies? Reply with quote

Hello out there!

Wow, you all have so many interesting things to say about Dubai! Reading all the posts on this web site has been a great help in revealing some of the realities of life in the UAE--so thank you!

Currently I have been corresponding with different companies in dubai and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on them for me?
Mainly I am concerned with whether or not they are reputable or if any one has ever worked for or used these companies;

UAE Staffing Inc.
ESL LAnguage Centers-Dubai
Globetrotters

I have just recently recieved my tosel certificate and I am currently working on obtaining my business english and toefl exam prep certification. I also have a B.A and this will be my first time trying to find a efl job so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again! Very Happy
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Toronto,

I do NOT recommend Dubai or the Gulf at all for beginning teachers. At your level you will make very little money and have little or no benefit package. This is a very expensive part of the world to live in relation to these salaries. I suggest that North Africa or the Levant or Turkey might be better options for you. The pay will still be low, but their cost of living matches the wages paid... and they are all much more fun to live and work in for new teachers. (as to the three places you mentioned... are two of them agencies? AVOID AGENCIES!! is it ESL? or ELS? They are a big chain that has a decent reputation in Asia, but not a good reputation in the Gulf)

Generally speaking the Gulf jobs that pay commensurate to the cost of living require MAs and extensive teaching experience - preferably in Academic English and/or to Arabic speakers.

Why not read around on other sections of the board (like Egypt, Turkey, Morocco) and think about those options.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: