Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KFUPM facts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which institution has the best overall package for a family?
KFUPM
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
JIC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
YIC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Haf Al-Batin CC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hail CC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

winston

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: KFUPM facts Reply with quote

Hi, I've read the Jobs Journal, but I would like detailed information from anyone working at KFUPM.

Ferdaws Courts: What are the SPECIFIC complaints people have regarding the accomodations? Can you open the windows at night if you want without getting woken up by traffic? Are there any walking trails nearby where one can take a walk in the evening or early in the morning?

Is there anywhere close to the campus where you can go for a walk and be relatively alone? Or is KFUPM in the middle of a highly developed area?

The beach: Is it a pleasant place to swim or is it only for sailboats? The brochure says the marine life is 'magnificent' is this an accurate description? This seems to imply the water's clean. Is it? How much has the beach recovered from the oil spills during the gulf war?

I know the enarest shopping center is a bit far away, but can you buy a loaf of bread or milk or cheese or something nearby?

Thanks in advance for any replies, positive and negative.
Albulbul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: difficult Reply with quote

I cannot imagine that there are many ELI's inthe Kingdom who have worked in all 5 of these places. How are we to compare all these institutions when we only have knowledge of one ? And who are you ? Some management stooley ? Someone from a country north of here gathering intelligence ?
winston

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: paranoia Reply with quote

Zes, zes, and zes1

Now find which kezboard I�m using and zou maz solve the riddle1

Come now, give up on the paranoia, guzs and give some info on these paces, especiallz JIC, YIC, and KFUPM. Perhaps I maz not want everzone to know mz personal info because I�m the one who�s looking for a job.

Your identity on this board is secret, isn't it? Do you think dave has an agreement to rat you out to your director? Use a different handle and post somethig substantial about these three places.

There's not much on in the Jobs journal about YIC or JIC.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: winston's poll Reply with quote

Note how few replies here. Information-sharing and cooperation are not strong points in the EFL "community" in Saudi Arabia.
johnslat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear winston,
Wish I could help you out, but I make it a rule only to comment about places I have first-hand ( or, sometimes, extremely reliable second-hand ) info about. If, however, you're interestd at all in the Institute of Public Administration ( IPA ), where I've worked for going on 19 years now, please see my posting under " how much is Saudi worth ". And, if you want any further info about the IPA, let me know ( specific questions, please, if you do so ).
Regards,
John
winston

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Before I forget, thanks scot47 and johnslat for the responses.

I was considering IPA, but they only wanted people in the US to apply (I think that's what your post said).

I'm in London.
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear winston,
Let me check on London - I think it might be possible to apply ( and be interviewed ) there. I know they don't like to hire, say, an American or Canadian teacher when he's in Korea. But I seem to recall there being interviews done in London. The " recruiting teacher " is around here during the Hajj break, so I'll ask him today if that's correct.
Regards,
John
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear winston,
Just talked to the " recruting teacher " ( a guy named Paul McClure ) and he told me the IPA does recruit / interview in London. Unfortunately, no date has yet been set for the next such session, but, according to Paul,
it should be sometime this summer. In the meantime, if you're interested, he suggested going to:

http://www.ipa.edu.sa/eng/eng100.asp

for a " general overview "

and to

http://www.ipa.edu.sa/eng/engl-c.asp

where you'll find a " handbook " for the English Language Center and an employment application.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: