Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Academy for Girls.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laveena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: American Academy for Girls. Reply with quote

Good Morning,

Does anyone have information on the American Academy for girls. I have just been interviewed by the superintendent of the school - and may be given a job as an early childhood educator.

Your comments and/or experiences on the school would be most welcome.

Also, is anyone aware of the documentation required for visa transfer etc for a person hired locally?

I am presently in Kuwait and have been a substitute with the Universal American school some time ago. However i have very little information on the American Academy for Girls. Thefore any help that you can give me is appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day.
q8teacher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laveena, I worked there and enjoyed it. I've found all schools including UAS have pluses and minuses. The Female administration at AAG is very supportive and they work well together. It's great to work with just girls. The drawbacks are, no budget to speak of, old building, a bit disorganized and if you qualify for teacher housing, many teachers were unhappy with the location and accomadation. It is a laid back atmosphere. Apparently, there are not many girl only elementary schools in Kuwait, which is why many the parents like AAG. The pay scale is reasonable though someone said if you have alot of experience, you can command more at other schools. It was a good experience for me.
alyshia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: know of school Reply with quote

HI,

This school has a good website
http://ajeducationalinstitute.com/default.htm

-All girls is a nice bonus too!

Alyshia Very Happy
alyshia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: open Reply with quote

and I know they still have positions open (esp. in elementary) for QUALIFIED teachers for Sept. 2006.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: