Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MartinK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by MartinK on Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Irish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: I second that Reply with quote

Same here! I also miss kEnt's General Forum posts. From what I gather, there was a bit of a blow up on the Russia Forum a while back but everyone involved seemed to come to an understanding and keNt returned only to disappear again. Like MartinK, I hope this is only a temporary break and that we'll see him again soon.

Who knows? Perhaps keNt has joined forces with johnslat for a "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" style jaunt through the American southwest. I can see 'em now: open convertible, open bottles of vodka, cackling with glee as they approach Sin City... Okay, probably not--but what's really going on?
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:51 am    Post subject: i am here, have no fear Reply with quote

Hello there MartinK & Irish:

I am here, have no fear.

Yes, there was a mild misunderstanding here on the Russia forum a few weeks ago, but that's all long forgotten now.

Love and peace have returned to our forum once again. Very Happy

The reason for my absence on the General Forum is simple: I'm just really busy right now with a full schedule of classes. While others take holidays and enjoy the lazy, hot summer months, I'm teaching kids' summer camp Twisted Evil and a full load of adult evening classes as well.

About the only meaningful contribution I can make at the moment due to my schedule ... is to keep the 'sticky' master links index up-to-date.

Hey ... Thanks for your concern! Wink In the words of the immortal and beloved Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back." Carry on now.

Yours truly,
keNt
MartinK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Last edited by MartinK on Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
waxwing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but Rogan went and doesn't seem to be coming back... Question
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: he'd better come back! Reply with quote

Hi waxwing:

Rogan? hmmmm. He'd better come back! We need Russia vets on this forum, and he's one of the best.

Rogan ... are you listening? Very Happy Earth to Rogan, come in please.
Pushok

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: What constitutes a vet? Reply with quote

Kent - you said we need more Russia vets. Just wondered if I qualify?

I arrived in St.Petes on 5th January 1998 and finally left from St.Petes in September 2002 - been back for a period of 3-months in total since then though.

Had 2 years in Moscow and have worked for 4 different establishments (both Russian and foreign run).

I guess the point I'm making is that I should comment here more often, but I rarely have anything to add. My knowledge of Russia is not as encyclopaedic as yours and I feel that you a more of a Russophile than I am.

However, I am married to a Russkaya Shenshina and have a lovely reboinok.
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: Dobro pozhalavat ! Reply with quote

Dear Pushok:

You definitely qualify. Very Happy Hope to see you here more often Exclamation

As for me being a Russophile? Not really. There are days when living in Russia drives me absolutely mad. I just try to remain objective amid the cold showers and daily food-poisoning.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Twisted Evil

Best wishes,
keNt
maruss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Why are you there etc??? Reply with quote

Come on Kent,without you Samara would be a duller place than it ever was-and what would all those lovely girls do???
M.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: