Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone paying into workers insurance (lao bao)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: anyone paying into workers insurance (lao bao)? Reply with quote

my boss just told me i must pay NT 2100/month into workers insurance (lao bao). does anyone else know anything about this type of insurance and if it is applicable to foreigners. please assist...
chienkun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: lao bao Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately you do have to pay it - that is, if you are also getting health insurance - they cannot be separated (pay one and not the other). And no, this does not mean you get to collect when you retire. I think it will cover you if you can't work due to an accident or something (I can't quite remember). But I must comment that the amount you're paying seems very very high - doesn't your employer cover half (jen bao/lao bao)?
taiwanho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have to pay lao bao too. I think it is more for office positions and it does cover things like accidents at the workplace. You can even collect a pension if you work for something like 20-25 years.

That figure does sound really high though. Are you earning in excess of NT$150K a month? If not I would question that figure.
the dude

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:48 am    Post subject: more info... Reply with quote

in fact, i have set up an agreement to pay all of my own health care and now this accident insurance as well. the thing is, i am only earning NT 24,000 from the job so NT 2100/month seems extremely high when taxes are roughly 6-10%. thanks for the reply info. though...
taiwanho

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NT$24,000? Yikes. Well as far as I know you, you should be paying NT$328 for jian bao and NT$344 lao bao for that income a month.

For health insurance, you only need pay a certain percentage each month (20%) with your employer and the government sharing the rest. I guess if you have agreed to pay the employers part, it could come out to this much.

As for the tax, well even if you pay it up front you will get it back as a refund. Why such a low paying job though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Taiwan All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: