Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jobs in essex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed1980

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: jobs in essex Reply with quote

Anyone know if there are many TEFL jobs in Essex ?

cheers
London10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking on yell.com for english schools in essex then you'll get an idea. Also try FE colleges as they sometimes offer english courses.
basiltherat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, theres a place called the 'colchester english study centre' in colchester, naturally. try googling 'cesc'. they seem pretty good. guy to contact is jonathan seath.
the 'colchester institute' also offers such courses. again, do a google.
best
basil
teflexpert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Essex Reply with quote

I can recommend that Colchester English school too (CESC). I had quite an extensive interview there, which I didn't get, and which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that I crashed into a bollard in the carpark. However, the teachers appeared to be a very happy, friendly bunch, and the school actually pays for them to do courses in their spare time to 'develop themselves'. (When have you ever heard of a school that does that?) I liked the management, although one of the admin staff looked as if she'd swallowed a very sour lemon (and the teachers told me she's always like that!). There were two internal candidates up for the job I went for, and all the teachers had a bet going on who would win. They also keep a 'shrine' in the teachers room, which is an amusing arrangement of the crap pressies they have been given by students! I was treated to lunch on the school and given a long guided tour ( by car) of Colchester. I liked it a lot, and I would have been happy to work there!!! Jonathan Seth is a really nice guy, so I agree, go ahead and contact him!
Will.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Essex Reply with quote

Essex Uni are offering positions in the summer for Pre sessional classes EAP abour �55 a week rent locally is not so cheap .. but
take a look at their website.

www.essex.ac.uk

or
www.jobs.ac.uk
John Hamilton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Colchester English Study Centre Reply with quote

Colchester English Study Centre is a great school. I've heard good things about them. They've been around a long time which is always reassuring. Pity about the "sour lemon" but there's usually one isn't there? How do these people keep their jobs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: