Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

helpful advice to 'oldies'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: helpful advice to 'oldies' Reply with quote

Hello Old People:

Generally speak, if someone is too old to handle more than 'one' question at a time, perhaps they aren't the best person to get advice from. Oldies should also refrain from the 'misuse' or 'overuse' of quotation marks.

Remember, you're supposed to be an English teacher and therefore a certain level of intelligence is taken for granted. Confused I know some of them require complicated answers, but I'd like to think you can handle yourselves.

So since there's no space limitation here, I just thought I'd 'ask away,' you never know when this advice might help some old timer.

CS

P.S. For the record, I mean this all in good fun. So, don't get 'angry.'
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: ********* Reply with quote

Last edited by Kent F. Kruhoeffer on Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hardly call what I did spitting in your face. Perhaps a mild rasberry, at most. Rolling Eyes

But if you took what I said as mean-spirited and vindictive, I'll humbly apologize now to clear up any misunderstandings.

CS

P.S. To clear up any other confusion for those just joining us, Kent had previous posted a message, while not addressed to me was directed to me I'm certain, asking 'Newbies' to refrain from asking more than 'one' question. My response at the start of this string is a mirror of his post. He apparently retracted his message earlier today. So you've missed out on it and it's admittedly 'constructive' blessings.
Zolushka

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear! Have I just missed something interesting? Please define the term 'oldies'! I am a little slow today. Crying or Very sad
Kira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for the oldies:

For those who check this site regularly (like myself) and post on it constantly, it is not too difficult to follow the threads. However, activity has been increasing lately, and for people trying to learn about TESL in Russia, it can be quite mindboggling. Shocked Something like the general links page is very helpful.

I mention this because I've noticed that in addition to helpful hints for people working here, it's become a forum to post news articles, announcements that summer has finally arrived, etc. That's wonderful--it's a forum for those teaching English in Russia. However, as the traffic escalates, it can be difficult to wade through all the different posts. Is it would be possible to create a single post for all news articles, and maybe one for references to the Volga or mushroom picking?

Keep in mind, the more posts, the harder to wade through it, the more repetitive questions the oldies get. Rolling Eyes

-Kira
rogan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry kira, that you find it so difficult to wade through all those postings about mushrooms.

Time for someone else to take a break I think.

rogan
Steiner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, have you seen any of the other forums? Go look at the Korea forums, the China forums, the General Discussion forum. The Russia forum is far from mind-boggling.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:00 pm    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

Hah! Yes, i wander over to the russian forum whan i need a break and want to kick back and relax. besides, I want to find out about Russia!! (Not that I do.) Could we have some more stories, anecdotes, tales of horror and humiliation, please?

Patiently yours

Khmerhit Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: