Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health & X-ray Check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sypanda5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Health & X-ray Check Reply with quote

Hello guys!
I'm just wondering about my health check/x-ray check....

I already sent in my visa application but becuase I was living in Taiwan (at the time), I "asked for permission" to delay getting my healh/x-ray check done due to SARS. (I didn't want to go to the hospitals!). So, now that I'm back in Canada for vacation, I will get it done here.

Is it truly essential that I get it done ASAP? I read in one document that we can bring the health check with us when we come to HK. If this is the case, why did I receive an emaili from EMB saying that I need to get it done ASAP?

If you could help, I'd appreciate it!
Freddie_Unbelievable

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your school will have many forms for you when you arrive. Yes, submit the forms (chest X-ray/medical) when you get here.

I will see you at the induction. relax
ChrisRose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around HK, you will see many small clinics offering health check ups. All OCW (domestic helpers) have to get a full check up for thier employment.

I got my chest X-ray done for $55 HK I think, and that included a doctors report.

Don't worry about the cost of finding somewhere to get it done.

P.S. The school canusually wait a few eeks for it anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
arju

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: xray Reply with quote

re xray I BROUGHT XRAY WITH ME LAST YEAR COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME NEVER ASKED FOR IT IT ISNT REQUIRED MEDICAL CHECK UP IS USEFUL
ChrisRose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is required for teacher registration.
EMB regulations.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
arju

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: xray vision Reply with quote

re the xray whilst it is required for registration I wasnt asked for xray and I mentioned it to the school and emb and was told not to worry I have my registration since december so its a funny place as you well know
ps are you a net teacher? secondary or primary? are you leaving hong kers???? we only need to give 1 months notice and Iam unaware of a probationary period as its a contract in whcih a net can be sacked at anytime if deemed to be in breach of the contract.
pps I enjoy my time in hong kong and have 2 good schools good staff and good deployment howevr not all 160 nets have same conditions so if some appear negative they are possibly telling the truth........ and yes its very true that its even worse for the local teachers who are under threat of redundency with the current government policies
sypanda5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: THANKS! Reply with quote

thanks everybody for the responses.....

i find it strange...that i received that email waying that it was ESSENTIAL that i send MY HEALTH CHECK FORM ASAP..?!?!?

we'll see.........

thanks again!
sonya
ps. how many days is our "training/orientation?" i know it starts on aug.16...
ChrisRose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explanation for you.

The chest X-ray is to for check for T.B. It is a standing regulation.

Now again, the doctor whom inspects the x-ray will write a short note. It is hte note that is required by the school fo the EMB. Not the 14" x 20" xray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: