Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam vs. Southern China

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigmoid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Vietnam vs. Southern China Reply with quote

Can anybody please comment on which might be better and the differences/similarities between teaching in Southern China and Vietnam.

In particular, I am trying to decide whether to go to Guangzhou or Siagon. Which would you recommend and why?

thanks in advance for any input. Very Happy
wildbillLee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: response-choices Reply with quote

I'm not an authority on either Saigon or Guangzhou but I can appreciate your query.

If you're interested in saving a percentage of your monthly income to send home, I'd say there's better money to be earned/saved in Saigon than South China. Of course, your earning potential depends on your qualifications, i.e., whether you have a TESL certificate, and if you have experience as a English teacher.

Both South China and Saigon/Vietnam are happening places, though, and who knows what opportunities you may find in either place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Saigon for July and August and I was offered several teaching positions - non of which I took.

I am now working and living in China - 3 hours northwest of Shanghai.

I have contacts for 3 schools in Saigon if you would like them and I can also tell you a bit about the differences.

My email address is:

[email protected]

Marlene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: