Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

high speed cable internet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexis1000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: high speed cable internet Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me about high speed cable internet connections at Kuwait University's faculty housing complex? Is it necessary to have iqama/civil ID to get service installed? If not, is it easy to do at this location? What are installation costs? Monthly costs? As I understand it, there are at least two months when new faculty are housed in guest housing. During this time can high speed cable internet be installed? Or is it too complicated/expensive to set it up and then have to do it all over again? I am concerned about staying connected. My voice over phone service also depends on a high speed cable internet hookup. Any information that a knowledgeable person can provide will be appreciated.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KU is notoriously slow about every step of the way. At the time I was there, you couldn't get anything until the paperwork was done. I arrived in August... paperwork was finished and finally got residence visa and first pay in late December.

I left faculty housing within a couple of weeks and paid my own rent because the flat was so overrun with roaches that I was just disgusted. There was also a terrible stench from the port at night. And I have lived in Cairo, so my standards are not terribly high.

There is high speed internet there that will support VOIP because I have talked to friends there with it... but it is not always dependable. Don't count on having it in your residence for a few months.

May your luck be better. Hopefully someone will come on saying that things have changed lately.

VS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: