Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

part-time jobs while studying in south australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avishek

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: part-time jobs while studying in south australia Reply with quote

I am presently in an opinion that casual jobs are rare in ADELAIDE. I am presently thinking to go at Adelaide in UNISA to study electronic engineering but if part-time jobs are not avaible then it will be a problem. In comparison to Sydney I know it is less but how much.
The rate of jobs and their wages (generally the casual works for an under grtaduate student) information will help me.
Super Mario

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach in Adelaide. There seem to be enough "Macjobs" around, though you'd be competing with cheaper highschool students. Taxi drivers and 24 hour store console operaters seem to be in demand.
I know there's lots of seasonal work. As for pay rates, I haven't been there.
A lot of these low-end jobs probably don't get on the net, but www.careerone.com.au may give you some leads. Adelaide's a nice city, with rent well below the eastern cities.
avishek

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to come at Adelaide and my worry is partly over as I know driving. But I am trying to know the rates.
Can u tell me what is the criteria to drive a taxi at Adelaide? any way I have an international driving lisence-----so will it help me in Adelaide?

Thanks,
Avishek
Super Mario

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only that you would have to pass a test, and that the majority of drivers, especially on the night shifts, seem to be recent arrivals with limited English.
Here's a link:
http://www.aitaxis.com.au/cms/pages/AITAXIS_Menu/Be+A+Taxi+Driver/!/display.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: