Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A NZ job on the Job board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: A NZ job on the Job board Reply with quote

Wow, there is actually a NZ job on the international job board. It's in Nelson.
http://www.eslcafe.com/joblist/index.cgi?read=6344
JosephP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: NZ Jobs Reply with quote

Five more teachers here at my school have been made redundant. I'm not sure when the ballon will go up and I'll be hitting the bricks.
I have heard from students though that there is an expected influx of several thousand students from the PRC come October. If things pick up to the level of students that were here last year, expect plenty of jobs to be on offer. But as it stands now, numbers are way way down.
As for Nelson, it's a pretty nice place, but a little pricey for the South Island. Maybe I should apply as Nelson has got to be better than Auckland which is a graffiti-infested dungheap.
mcNug

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my job application yesterday, but by then about 1000 people had already viewed it. Sad

I suppose they're swamped with e-mails by now. It's a shame, I'd do anything to be able to teach in NZ.
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some info from the inside that the current ESL situation is not good.
It may well be that finally the oversupply of schools is being killed off by the aftereffects of SARS.
In Auckland alone there are over 100 schools in Queen street alone.

In two weeks I'll go back for a holiday, to AKLD and Chch, to spy out the land for future employment in Jan/Feb 2004
JosephP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: esl in Aotearoa Reply with quote

The Chinese student numbers continue to decline, although not at such a steep rate as earlier this year. Some say that numbers will pick up later in October as it takes six months for students to get a visa and the NZ consulate in Beijing only started back to work processing the visas this past May. So, quien sabe? At my school we are getting a few Russians and other Eastern Europeans, but nothing like the masses of Chinese last year.
So, to you who are eager for a NZ teacher job, hang in there, things might be looking up. Just remember, for Non-Aussies or Non-Kiwis, New Zealand is a long long way from where-ever you are coming from, so once here it is really hard to afford to get out (not that you might want to , mind you).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: