Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arriving in Cambodia without a job? Possible? Or just naive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheekyL

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Arriving in Cambodia without a job? Possible? Or just naive? Reply with quote

I'll make it short: I've recently graduated from University, I'm 24, and have some professional work experience (none in teaching, unless swimming lessons count) Have lived abroad twice and teaching abroad is something I'd planned for the future. I'm also fluent in French

However, I'm a fool in love, and my boyfriend is going to Siem Reep to work for an NGO. I've decided to go with him and naturally I have to find my own reason/ thing to be there. I've decided on this over trying to find work in his field (not 100% sure though, I'm assuming ESL work is easier to find than NGO work if you're young and recently graduated??)

Before I start researching more, writing emails and sending out resumes, I'm wondering whether it would be possible for me to find work there upon arrival? I've noticed no jobs posted on this website for Cambodia. Anyone have experience doing this?

Right now I'm travelling though SE Asia (on a field school) until June 19th. I'll be passing through Siem Reep in early June and hope to check things out while there. I'd be looking for work at the beginning of July or early August. My start date depends on whether or not I decide to go back to Canada and tie loose ends up.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
cameron.mayo

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have a problem in PP. Check out Khmer440.com and do a thorough search before asking questions or you'll get shot down in flames by members on the chat forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: