Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q about post your resume forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:49 am    Post subject: Q about post your resume forum Reply with quote

Just curious, tons of people post their resumes over on this forum. Has anyone gotten a good job from doing this?
SweetOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NatureGirl: I recieved lots of offers, but the school I eventually hired on with, was not one of them. Also, I had to post it more than once, because so many others were posting theirs that mine got scrolled down and out of sight in just a day or two. But, I did get lots of responses in that first day. Try to avoid having it posted on the weekends by submiting it during the early part of the week.

Good luck.
MELEE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature Girl

I once tried to recruit this way since I couldn't afford (it's not so much that my school can't afford it but rather my school has no control over its funds--the state buys things for us--so we have no means with which to pay) to post on the International Jobs list of this same site. But I found very few likely candidates on there. I did email a few, several who turned out were not qualified but had not posted their resume. (Hello, it's a post your RESUME list not a "qualified and good looking" list.) I would like to use this resource, but of most people are "currently in Seoul" or actually inspire laughs.

Like this: I'm a high school grad, I just did a weekend TEFL course so I'm ready to be given a job in Latin America that includes, paid plane ticket, paid accommodation with free long distance telephone and satellite TV, working no more than 30 hours a week and no less than 20, and no Saturdays.

Yeah right, don't we all want that.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've got tons of replies as well, but they aren't always relevant to the job that I want. CnWave.com also has a post your resume free service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: