Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ethiopia/Eritrea
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Next Stop Dubai? Reply with quote

That is interesting ,Scot.I think I saw a post from TB on the Korean forum so maybe he is in Seoul right now.Maybe he is taking the "long way" to Ethiopia...first Korea,then Dubai,then... Rolling Eyes
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Feline alcohol Reply with quote

Tiger Beer has taken exception to my comments and sent me a private message telling me that I am a "beep" - whatever that may be.

Personally I rather hope he goes to the UAE and tries to work illegally. I relish the thought of him spending some time in a UAE slammer.

What sort of treatment do you think the other prisoners might reserve for American prisoners ?
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Fantasist Reply with quote

He has also been asking about Vladivostok where he is going when he leaves Korea.

I think we should sign him for the EFL Parachute Team that we are going to send to Chechnya en route to the DRC and Haiti.
khmerhit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE!!!!!! Cool
grahamb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Ethiopia Reply with quote

People looking for first-hand information will find plenty in the Job Information Journal section of Dave's ESL Cafe. Check it out before crossing swords with Scot47 and bnix!
Scot, did TB call you a "beep" or a "beeping beep"?
Have a "beeping" good weekend!
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: cretins Reply with quote

Well he called me a "beep".

I must say I had a beeping good summer holiday. Far from Tiger Beer and the other cretins who infest this site
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ethiopia Reply with quote

grahamb wrote:
People looking for first-hand information will find plenty in the Job Information Journal section of Dave's ESL Cafe. Check it out before crossing swords with Scot47 and bnix!

I did check the Information Journal section, but decided to post the question here as well. However, I guess I didn't realize I'd have to 'cross swords' with anyone if I posted a question on the Job Discussion Forum.. who knew?

Anyhow, can't figure out why they keep posting on this thread when I haven't posted here for a good six months or so.. scot47 in particular seems to be losing a tremendous amount of sleep over it?? Rolling Eyes oh brother..
grahamb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: Ethiopia Reply with quote

I think Scot47's problem is the way you reacted to his initial response. He always advises people to think twice about going to developing/unstable countries. For those determined to go, he recommends reliable organisations like the Peace Corps and Voluntary Service Overseas. Sounds like good advice to me.
You may not agree with him, but sending him a private message calling him a "beep" (whatever that is) wasn't exactly polite, was it?
Heck, I used "him" three times in one sentence. Now that is something to lose sleep over!
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grahamb,

This thread should have all along been about Ethiopia and Eritrea, instead its some thread thats just been one non-stop vicious assault on me. I don't think this whole thing really needs to recyle itself over and over and over again, constantly adding more sticks to the fire like you are adding to it now, even if you are unaware of it. I'm sure you are also posting with the best of intentions, or at least I hope so. I'm sure you are out of loyalty to your friend.

Anyhow, calling him a *beep* was after six months of completely ignoring his constant assaults on me on this thread and others, was only inevitable.

Anyhow, if any of the mods are reading this, I highly recommend one of them deleting this entire thread.

Maybe if the thread is gone, it'll prevent yet more posters adding more fire to something which would be better off ignored and forgotten.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: