Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volunteering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amari

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Volunteering Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I've been looking into volunteering in Africa (Tanzania, Ghana, Cameroon) for some time now, and have read related posts but was just wondering if anyone could part with any advice on how to find projects which arrange volunteers irectly/organisations that don't cost a fortune? I appreciate that volunteers pay for food, board etc etc and am more than happy to do so but am a bit surprised by the extraordinarily high prices some organisations are charging
Any help appreciated!
Cheers,
Amari
jenny74

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

Look into VSO out of the UK. It's somewhat like the American Peace Corps. They pay all expenses and give you a small salary. They work in a few countries in Africa. Rwanda, Eritrea, Cameroon and Ethiopia - those I'm sure of. There's probably more. They require a TEFL - unless you go to Eritrea because there is a huge demand for teachers there. I've got my application in and I'm considering Eritrea. But if I get my TEFL, I'll have more options. Good Luck.

Jennifer
roxylifer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Please go to look around www.avif.org.uk Reply with quote

.. for a genuine volunteer opportunity in Kenya.
Kindest regards
Alison Lowndes
Founder Trustee
ABLe Volunteers International Fund
Text: +44 777 171 2012
[email protected]
Realtime messaging via www.skype.com: avif_volunteers_in_kenya
w w w . a v i f . o r g . u k
Online Webshop for donations : www.buy.at/AVIF
Committed to making a better world for those children with disability, orphaned and vulnerable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: