Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GEOS Singapore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kht27

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: GEOS Singapore Reply with quote

Hi Folks. Any feedback positive or negative?? Cheers.
poof

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of GEOS Japan. They are a HUGE well-known English language chain. Quality of workplace varies from branch to branch. For Japan, you have a bizarre 3 stage interview system, and then if accepted, it's potluck in which branch you are placed. You work through the afternoon and evenings teaching a wide range of clients. In Japan, you need to do promotion and book selling, too. You also have to maintain paperwork re the students' progress and prepare extensive lesson plans. If you are already experienced, I don't think you would like it. I'd say GEOS is for those starting out in ESL.

In the past year or two, they have started GEOS branches in HK and Singapore. Perhaps GEOS are aware of the more advanced nature of English learning in these places and have done their marketing more carefully. It's possible they have a more professional set up, but you'd have to find someone who has worked in those places directly. Might be hard to find someone though, because these branches are new, and I know that initial advertising for posts there asked for teachers preferably experienced with GEOS Japan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Singapore All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: