Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Y�ld�zlar College, Istanbul

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yaramaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Y�ld�zlar College, Istanbul Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this K12 in Istanbul. Good? Bad? Indiffernt? They've just emailed me with a job offer... isn't it a bit late in the year for k12s to be hiring? Or is there a major shortage of teachers right now? My current K12 hired all new staff by June.
richard ame

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Late posting Reply with quote

Hi
Generally a lot of the schools/dershanes /unis try to get the recruiting done as early as poss ,but they get let down by false promises and they are a few short ,how they got your address may be answered in lots of ways maybeyou applied a while ago,who knows I'm just guessing here ,the upside is coming in late does have its advantages sometimes .İf its a place you fancy and they have a website to cheeck out and are mad enough to send you a specimen contract ,go with the flow . Whats the money like ??
yaramaz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it looks like more work, same pay, fewer holidays than my current job, no medical coverage and only part of my airfare reimbursed. The main perk is that it seems to be located in a lovely part of Istanbul. Since I'm still in gorgeous, cosmopolitan Kayseri, that's a bonus. Maybe next year.
SweetOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, all. So, how is Kayseri? I am in tentative negotiations with TED Kayseri and wanted to see if there was any info you could provide to help me make a decision. I have also been talking to a school in Konya, but have heard they are really REALLY conservative over there. That doesn't scare me in the least, but if anyone has more positive things to say about Kayseri, I would be interested in hearing them out.
yaramaz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a weird kinda way I'm really fond of Kayseri. Ha. No one believes me when I say so. It is conservstive but not overwhelmingly so. I've made many excellent friends there. Also, because it is so OFF the tourist trail and has so few yabanci residents, I was never harrassed by touts. This applied to parts of Cappadocia as well- everyone in Goreme knows who I am and treat me well, not like a walking money pile. Very kind, very generous. If you want, you can send me a private message. Feel free to ask whatever. I'll be at TED Kayseri in Sept again. I can tell you a LOT about them. They are an interesting place. Ha. I have no regrets though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: