Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MA in TESL--Puerto Rico
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eliz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: MA in TESL--Puerto Rico Reply with quote

Hi! I'm going to be starting a MA in TESL at universidad interamericana de puerto rico. it's in san german, PR and it sounds like a good program, but i haven't actually visited the campus. has anyone heard of it? have any good advice?? i've been teaching overseas in japan and south korea, so i figured this was the next step. thank you for any info you can give me. Very Happy
misutabiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: me too Reply with quote

hey hey. i am also starting the MA TESL program at IAU in San German this summer. i just sent you a PM, eliz.

anyone else out there?

mr. bill
misutabiru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: somewhere to live near IAU Reply with quote

well, i guess there haven't been many (any) replies to this topic, but if there is anyone out there who will be a student at Inter American University of Puerto Rico, San German AND is looking for accomodation, please contact me. I found a great 3 bedroom apartment very close to the entrance gate of the university, and i am looking for some roommates.

mr. bill
Kushluk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this sounds like an interesting program. Could either of you guys tell me about your experiences with it please? I'd be interested if it's quality and both of you get off well with it.

I just did a quick search on the internets and found that Rio Piedras also has a program. You guys know anything about that?

I want to get an MA TEFL and I am seriously bored with the (continental) US. Thanks a lot!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kevin_NY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: MA TESL in Puerto Rico Reply with quote

Last edited by Kevin_NY on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beth38

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looing into the program and wondering if anyone has any new information or has completed the program. Any info would be great, thanks!
jamar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. My name is Jamar. I am currently a Peace Corps in Peru and I began teaching english as a second language when I began my service here in 2007. I'm finishing up soon and applied to TESL master's program at the Inter American University in San German, PR. I was wondering anyone give me some info on their experience in the program. Also, I'd like to know about the area of San German and the people. Any info about this would be appreciated.
Oronimo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone elaborate on the application and admission process with Iner American University? What kind of Spanish speaking abilities are we talking in order to attend this school? I didn't major or minor in Spanish during college, but I took three semesters, haha...I don't know where that will get me. Definitely not fluent, but I can manage my way around with what I do know.
culley8115

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: IAU August 2009 Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently putting together my application for Inter American University in San German, PR. Can anyone tell me what their experience there has been please?
Kevin_NY

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: IAU August 2009 Reply with quote

Last edited by Kevin_NY on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kevin_NY

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: IAU August 2009 Reply with quote

Last edited by Kevin_NY on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
aab7855

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Moving to San German soon Reply with quote

If anyone is still attending that program please let me know. I am visiting in January and if I like it (I've already been to San Juan and the D.R. and loved it) I will enroll in June.
culley8115

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: MA in TESL @ IAU- San German Reply with quote

I am in my first semester in San German, so if you're interested in reaching me during your visit please let me know.
jamar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. In the summer of 2007 I was accepted into the program and set to start that fall. However events at home caused me to change plans but now I'm ready to study. I'm currently finishing up the application process and hope to start classes in February. However I have some questions for those who are in the program.

1. Do students in the program live in dorms or live in off-campus housing and approximately how much is it to rent in the area?

2. I'm married (my wife is from Martinique in the French Caribbean) and I want to know if there are jobs in the San German area that'd be availbale for her who has a MA in Education.

3. Do students in this progam normally work and are there jobs available for students?

4. Is there public tranportation in the area or is necessary for one to have a car?

Thanks a lot to whoever has the answers and time to respond.
madhatter109

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to find out info if anyone can help. Do you need to know Spanish to attend either the Inter American school for MA in TESOL or University of Puerto Rico for MA in Linguistics?

Any help would be great! (the colleges have a hard time answering their phones)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Caribbean Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: