Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overseas Medical Check----Z Visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Valid question. The people I know had their visas changed to Z visas. I'm in the process of having mine changed from a F to a Z. One of the guys had his done in Japan and tried to get his F changed to a Z and they made him redo the physical.

The Chinese goverment likes their people to do the physicals and such, some of them seem suspicious of other countries. I know it sounds weird, but hey, it's China Smile
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:07 pm    Post subject: Close Reply with quote

It's beginning to sound that if you get the medical overseas and arrive on a Z visa, then it does not have to be repeated in China. The repeats seem to occur when one is changing from an F to a Z.

Am I close to correct here?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Let me know how your medical goes. good luck
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arioch36 says this under Invitation letter "
"Invitation letter lets you go to the consulate to get your z-visa. Most consulates accept a faxed letter. You have to submit this, and two of their forms, downloadable from the net: the application for visa, and unfortunately the medical form which is a joke. I have heard not all consulates make you submit it. I had to have it, they never looked at it, just filed it, and I had to do it all over once in China. Now I must admit I mostly fudge the health form. The consulate is still happy"
arioch36

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back in America, have to fill out the health form again to get my visa from the NYCity Chinese consulate. I am not doing my chest xray again, knowing 50/50 Henan will make me do it again. Maybe this is lying, or maybe getting smarter, but the consulate really just wants the piece of paper to file away. For the Chinese government to accept your own health exam, it has to be notarized by New York State (or where you live). Not worth it.

Faxed invitation letters are acceptable.

I contacted the Chinese student group at my nearby University. They connected me to a local agent who will take my paperwork to NYCity for me (I live a couple hours away) and has the best rates for tickets I have found ($600 to $ 800 round trip depending when you book)
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

My Z visa was rejected by the Embassy. Why? Are you ready? My photograph on the completed medical report did not bear the hospital's stamp.

Had I ever been advised this was a requirement? No. Is such a requirement stated on the form? No. Is it written anywhere? Not that I can find.

They fully expected me to spend another couple of days running back and forth to get this accomplished. I told them, "No, thank you. I won't be going to China."

And I won't.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I sympathisize, that's the way China is. So what are you going to do now?
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:39 am    Post subject: Count Reply with quote

Count my Blessings and enjoy life.
yaco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Overseas Medical Check - Z Visa Reply with quote

If you apply for a Z Visa outside China, you must have a full medical check up from a medical practitioner before the Chinese Embassy will process your visa application.

Of course if you enter on a tourist visa or a business visa the medical examination is not required until you enter China.
yaco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: Overseas Medical Check- Z Visa Reply with quote

Ajarn Miguk, you are a wise person.

When I applied for a Z Visa earlier this year at the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok, it took 7 visits before they would process the application.

After the fourth visit, I made them write out a complete list of required items, but alas it still took another 3 visits.

My advice is to enter on a L or F Visa or find a school in Southern China and enter through Hong Kong.
Ajarn Miguk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:36 am    Post subject: Me Reply with quote

One visit was enough for me. I could see it coming. Time to move on. I did. Happy I did.
Naxiuli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Physical in China Reply with quote

Don't know what country you're leaving from, but when I went to China the first time I had a physical done here in Canada to get my 'Z' visa. When I gotto China though, they made me take another physical. Said I had to do it to get my Green Book (residence permit).

Good Luck.
dractalks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Do 'dat e'xamin here-bouts! Reply with quote

Quote:
If the physical done overseas serves as part of the basis on which your Z visa is issued before you ever travel and work in China, why wouldn't it be valid? Valid for what? Who or what makes you get another?

Umh, I had mine here last year at an international hsptl just for foreigners. I watched my school 'FAO' (who spoke no Englie) fork over 1000 rmb(minimum). I couldn't keep count as she 'whooshed' out the bills at the M.E. payment counter.

Its a business dude. They make money off your exam. Just like the US military makes money off'n all dem weapons. Trus' me. Ben dere.
Get over it. No two way 'roun'.
Good luck.
DT
anne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: no medical check required in Toronto Reply with quote

We applied for our "Z" visa in Toronto a few months ago and never even heard about the medical check requirement. Our visa was processed in 4 days with no hassle. We're really surprised to hear that we were supposed to have it!! Of course we're finally about to be "registered" at the PSB, and were then asked to produce a medical certificate...so I guess we're going to see a Chinese doctor here in the sticks!
What should we expect? (blood test, x-ray, ECG??? anything more invasive? Shocked
thanks
anne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have been at this School in China for only 3 weeks and I had my Medical last Friday (just over a week ago). I was (and still am) a bit nervous as I had a lung removed in 1989 (I have never smoked - had a carcinoid tumour) and I had not mentioned that to anyone. In the light of SARS I thought they might be a bit paranoid - but so far no word about my Visa being approved or otherwise. They seemed just as concerned however with my poor eyesight. I had no even thought about that as I have only ever used one eye in all my 56 years so it was a shock when they reacted badly to it. I hope that neither matter will stop my Visa going through. I would be very upset to be sent home at this point in time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: