Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peak periods...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark-O

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Peak periods... Reply with quote

Hello,

Besides the NET scheme time frames, is there a particular time of year when recruiting for schools is at peak? My question refers to all school types, language centres etc. I would hope to be in Hong Kong in September (not this year!). I've noticed an increased flux of posts on the SCMP site of late - is this reflective of a peak period?

Thanks in advance.
Di[]v[] Su[]v[]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a pretty old post, but I was scrolling through and saw it because it was exactly the same question that I was going to ask. But no one has replied, so I'm going to try to start it up again Smile Out of curiosity, I would really like to know if there are peak times for hiring teachers and if so, when. Hopefully this time around there'll be some replies! Wink
Mark-O

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ... I won't even attempt to write your name!

I was also a little disappointed that this wasn't replied to ... maybe because it was just too obvious to all the teachers that are working in Hong Kong already.

Anyway, as an outsider, the only tool I've used to gauge this so far is to check the online SCMP. The SCMP adverts for NETs seemed to peak just before the Hong Kong school term i.e. June-August.

Other than that, I'm not sure about the rest of the year ...
Freddie_Unbelievable

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The SCMP adverts for NETs seemed to peak just before the Hong Kong school term i.e. June-August."

[b]I think April and May would be when schools begin interviewing for Fall '04 positions. Certainly, June would be the peak hiring.
In August, you might find yourself working at a disorganized school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: