Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bulking up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
park786

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Bulking up Reply with quote

I have taken a post in Moscow. I am an avid weight lifter and I know that the price of a main stream gym is waaaaaay out of my price range. Are there any normal spartan gyms? You know a place where a guy can just lift and not pay an arm and a leg. Where does the average Russian muscle head go?
Cheers. Cool
enrico palazzo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narrow it down a little. Where do you live/work/want to train?
park786

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for a general yes there are some gyms or not. I really don't know the area where I will be. I am still in Shanghai now and must look for an apartment when I arrive. I just want to know if such an animal as a cheap gym can be found in Moscow.
Cheers
enrico palazzo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, gyms like those you would find in the States for $25 a month would run you 100+ here. Yet, there are some deals to be found. Better to settle in first and then go from there. Cheaper gyms tend to run about 1000r a month.
M.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulking up Reply with quote

park786 wrote:
I have taken a post in Moscow. I am an avid weight lifter and I know that the price of a main stream gym is waaaaaay out of my price range. Are there any normal spartan gyms? You know a place where a guy can just lift and not pay an arm and a leg. Where does the average Russian muscle head go?
Cheers. Cool

Yes. Moscow has public gyms in many parts of the city. Alot of expats go to the expensive Fitness centers and pay tons of money. The city has public one and they are not priced high. I have a friend who goes to one. Will give a price in a day or two. I run and bike and ski ..so< dont use them. Only outside sports for me.
park786

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. Health clubs are nice but I just want to get down to business. Outside sports are great! Looking forward to some Skiing.
Cheers
Deicide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Yeah that was going to be my question too... Reply with quote

Are there good affordable gyms there...I mean in combination with supplements, it would cost you an arm and a leg...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: