Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

employment in Israel

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Israel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: employment in Israel Reply with quote

I realize this topic has already been addressed in the only other string in this forum. But I thought I'd ask the question to get a more up-to-date answer. How are the work opportunities in Israel? I have a friend that is Jewish that has just been employed. He will only been teaching Arabs though. Is there anyone else here that has found employment or has any knowledge regarding this?

Any other comments are welcome.

CS
Ixchel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: employment in Israel Reply with quote

Communist Smurf wrote:
I realize this topic has already been addressed in the only other string in this forum. But I thought I'd ask the question to get a more up-to-date answer. How are the work opportunities in Israel? I have a friend that is Jewish that has just been employed. He will only been teaching Arabs though. Is there anyone else here that has found employment or has any knowledge regarding this?

Any other comments are welcome.

CS

I'm a little confused. Your question is how are the work opportunities in Israel. You then mention you have a Jewish friend who has just been employed. He only teaches Arabs. Is all this part of the question? Does it have some connection with your question? If you clarify, then I think I can answer you. Though if you have a friend who has just gotten employment then you should probably ask him.
Communist Smurf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common sense might tell you that just because I have a friend that has just been hired does not mean he's an authority on the subject. Although I didn't mention this in my previous message, he hasn't started yet and, coincidentally, arrived today.

Regardless of whether or not my friend can advise me isn't the point. If you have advise to give it would be helpful. Do you have objections to giving advise to people that might already know someone else in the region?
ha'anala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe-joe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this information is a little tardy in arriving, but I thought I post some hopefully useful information regarding working in Israel anyway.

There is work available for native speaking English teachers, such international franchise establishments as The Wall Street Institute operate, as well as numerous private and government language schools. There is a website called www.etni.org.il which has job listings for vacancies at schools. The Wall Street Institute has its own website advertising vacancies.

Granted it is more difficult to get a work permit if your not Jewish, but nevertheless it is possible. If you want to get a work visa called a B1 (a B2 is a standard tourist visa with which your not entitled to work), you need to have an Israeli boyfriend or girlfriend, and will need proof of the relationship's validity, (letters from friends and relatives of your partner, photos, etc).

Apparently these B1 visas are usually issued for 6 months. The only other way I seem to have found for getting a work permit for Israel is to marry an Israeli citizen, which of course is a bit extreme unless you're head over heals in love! Very Happy

There is a useful website called www.newinisrael.com, which operates a discussion forum similar to this one, and it has a lot of useful information regarding visas, and working and living in Israel generally. I hope this posting proves useful to anyone interested.
guangho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, salaries range widely from $1000 a month to about 4000. The upper level is reserved for those with oodles of experience, a Masters and a willingness to live on the Lebanon border.
MatiSchwarcz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: How English Teachers Can Make High Salaries in Israel Reply with quote

Something that may be helpful for English teachers, writers, editors, and anyone else whose living comes from their love of the English language: there is one fairly quick way to earn high salaries here with your English skills - to retrain as a technical communicator and get into the Israeli hi-tech scene. Hi-tech is growing by leaps and bounds again here - and there is currently a shortage of technical writers and marcom people. Since 1993 I've been training English speakers in a course that lasts about 4 months, then placing them in companies with starting salaries of about 11,000 shekels a month (about $2,500). There are also a lot of perks and the working conditions of companies like Amdocs or SAP make you think of the U.S. rather than the Middle East. Of course your teaching is confined to explaining to Russian software engineers why nouns generally need an article before them - but between writing, editing, and interviewing, it can be an exciting job. Also, you really don't need Hebrew for many of the jobs. Anyone interested in pursuing this can contact me through our website: (MOD edit)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Israel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: