Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I must live in Germany, and yes I'm getting married :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is that this person has little chance of getting anything in Germany, although I beleive there MIGHT be a possibilty of agricultural work, where knowledge of German is not so important. German employers do often recruit 'Fremdarbeiter' for the asparagus harvest.
plummy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: enough Reply with quote

Deicide wrote:

A) I have no issues with women...only American women

Hating women (albeit of one nationality) still makes you a woman-hater.

These forums as a whole seem to harbor a multitude of men who abhor American women and view a career in ESL as means of transport to lands crowded with Polish/Korean/whatever princesses. By painting American women as tyrannical, disloyal, and superficial, many here seem to want to give their quest for foreign nookie a tragical note, romantic flair. "I come from a land where the women are all overweight hags that watch reality television. Oh, have pity on me!"

I wish y'all would save this lamenting over the women of your native land for wooing your demure young students at the bar; it really has no relevance in this particular thread. SaraLF is an American woman who wants/wanted some advice on figuring out living in Germany. Just because you object to her postings, Deicide, is no reason to flip out with stuff like "What a typical American woman! THANK GOD I'VE ESCAPED THEM FOR GOOD!" No one cares. Have fun with the respectful, loyal, loving, home-cooking, good-looking women in whatever country you're residing in and give it a rest.
Suzie K

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

There is a new Direct Sales product coming to Germany in 6 months.
It is a health Juice called Goji. There is alot of money to be made with Goji and because it is such a great product it is easy to sell. The Direct Sales plan makes it extremly easy and profitable.

if your interested i will send you my website

Thanks
Suzanne
SaraLF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: jobs Reply with quote

Suzie,

Sure, send it to me. It can't hurt to check it out. I understand that what I'm trying to do is difficult but I'm starting to think I won't get an accurate picture of what finding work in Germany is like because the agenda is more about bashing American women. Aside form a forum where divorced men vented on how they hated women this is probably one of the most sexists forums I've ever been on. A lot of the women I know wouldn't put up with that kind of crap because they have too much self respect.

Thanks again Smile
JZer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Germany is like because the agenda is more about bashing American women.

so because one person on the German forum does not like American women you immediately think everyone hates American women. He was right about one thing. You seem very immature.
plummy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JZer wrote:

so because one person on the German forum does not like American women you immediately think everyone hates American women.

I don't know if you ever visit any of the other Europe forums or Asian forums, but in many the thread that is the longest will be entitled something like "Korean Girls Are HOT!" or "How to Woo a Polish Princess." Browsing around the forums quickly reveal the number of men on here using this trite "American women = dogs" bologna to ennoble their dogged pursuit of foreign women.

Bashing American women is perhaps not quite part of the "agenda" on the forum, but it's definitely a deep-running theme that everyone likes & tacitly respects for some reason. Humbug!
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people believe that American women are mainly self-centred egotrippers. You have problems with that ?

I know people who believe the world is flat. And others who belive in alien abductions ! What is the big deal ?
JZer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know if you ever visit any of the other Europe forums or Asian forums, but in many the thread that is the longest will be entitled something like "Korean Girls Are HOT!" or "How to Woo a Polish Princess."

I thought we were talking about the German forum and not the Korean forum. I don't even know whether the OP has visited the Korean forum.
Deicide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plummy wrote:
JZer wrote:

so because one person on the German forum does not like American women you immediately think everyone hates American women.

I don't know if you ever visit any of the other Europe forums or Asian forums, but in many the thread that is the longest will be entitled something like "Korean Girls Are HOT!" or "How to Woo a Polish Princess." Browsing around the forums quickly reveal the number of men on here using this trite "American women = dogs" bologna to ennoble their dogged pursuit of foreign women.

Bashing American women is perhaps not quite part of the "agenda" on the forum, but it's definitely a deep-running theme that everyone likes & tacitly respects for some reason. Humbug!

Uhmm...right...Quatsch, Kaese, Unsinn, usw....
Like a Rolling Stone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plummy wrote:
JZer wrote:

Ok lads. Which do you prefer:

Asian girls:

Or, American girls:

DainaJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have asked the moderators to step in. Comments like this are neither constructive nor acceptable in a forum like this.
Like a Rolling Stone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DainaJ wrote:
I have asked the moderators to step in. Comments like this are neither constructive nor acceptable in a forum like this.

Do you think irony is like goldy or silvery only made of iron, perchance?
SaraLF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: MF Reply with quote

This is disgusting. I asked for job advice and half of these posts are either calling me stupid or sexist. You boys are ugly.
SaraLF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: From German to English Reply with quote

Deicide-

Sorry but this girl is absolutely brain-damaged and she proved it more than once. Furthermore I haven't even mentioned the bad economy in Germany. An american woman with zero experience in EFL, zero knowledge of german is supposed to take jobs away from potential german applicants? Even if she gets the EU ticket through her wedding I can't imagine she'll find sufficient work. With non existant knowledge in german she wouldn't even be able to be a waitress. Anyway, so much about that. Where did you go to school, what did you study and where did you work and what nationality are you ? You made me curious...
DainaJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a Rolling Stone wrote:
DainaJ wrote:

Do you think irony is like goldy or silvery only made of iron, perchance?

Please tell me how you think these comments are constructive or helpful regarding the original question.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: