Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POC of Hash harriers Ryadh and herb teas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
run-jp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: POC of Hash harriers Ryadh and herb teas Reply with quote

Hi again...playing the visa waiting game still...in the mail, practically, am told. Wink I emailed to some addresses found on an old home page for Riyadh H harriers, but got no response. I realise that the organizers may have heeded
embassy advice and repatriated... so,is the Riyadh hash still alive?
also I was thinking of what evening libation options there are, and, well
Coke and Pepsi and that ilk are not good options for me.
There are some great herb teas packaged in Colorado (Celestial Seasonings..used to pedal my Peugeot past the factory in younger days).
Many flavors : black cherry, mandarin, rasp., red zinger,English toffee....
(in Homer Simpson voice) "mmmmm...black cherryyyy"

Wondering if this or something similar was easy to get there. I imagine so,but would rather not like to be stuck with just say... gatorade or whatever till get some sent to me ( so will likely bring some)
reminds me! when in Morocco, I really loved Verveine tea (mild, just slightly sweet)...do people there drink it too?

Closing with a general thanks to the many helpful folk of this forum that has been a pleasure for me to read for past several months! Very Happy
scot47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Hash Reply with quote

Your herbal teas are all there. You will probably find your tea from Morocco too. There is a large Maghrebi communbity. Remember that Saudi Arabia is the "Promised Land" for most of the muslim world. There are people in KSA from every muslim country in the world. Not everyone dreams of going to the USA. For many in Pakistan or Bangladesh, Algeria or Indonesia, Saudi Arabia is where they would prefer to work

Last I heard Jeddah HHH were keeping a low profile. Don't know about Riyadh. But I am pretty sure they will still be doing these juvenile things that give Hashers a buzz.

Last edited by scot47 on Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Nomad Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hashes in Riyadh are alive and kicking. I am sure that you can find them promptly once settled. I could try to round up a contact for you if you are nervous. Just look for flour.

Sorry I can't help you with tea advice...I drink iced lipton.
On On.
Nomad Dan (aka Hash handle No Woman bin Laden)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: