Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CITC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: CITC Reply with quote

Hi folks, another newbie here. I've been offered a post of Academic Manager with CITC in Khartoum and would appreciate any useful feedback from the forum. I've read previous posts and rants but does anyone have anything new and constructive to add?

Thanks in advance,

wilco
wfh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on CITC, but can give you info on Khartoum if you like? Send me a PM with any questions you have.
Vecchia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? Did you take the job?
wilco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, as the Academic Manager for 9 months. PM me for details.

Dave
jai123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: RE: CITC Khartoum Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Just curious to find out how it went with the CITC job? Do they employ only teachers who are celta certified? If so what is there going rate?
Missteacher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Sudan Reply with quote

How expensive is it in Kafoori or Riyadh these days? Also, what type of upper administration jobs are available for women? And if anyone knows of teaching positions in the Universities that has an actual package (housing, meds, airfare), pls keep me updated!

Thanks
scjw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Any schools recruiting now? Reply with quote

Reading posts on this thread & other comments regarding language schools in Khartoum would leave a person apprehensive about teaching in Sudan...

@Wilco/Dave is CITC hiring teachers currently from outside Sudan? If so, please PM as I am available immediately. IF other people on this thread can send me names/contacts for other Sudanese schools or can get me in contact with hiring managers kindly PM me. Also, I am a U.S. citizen (no duel citizenship). Not sure I can work for the British Council...

and I can handle the hot weather and conflict environment. I taught English in East Timor. (;
jai123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: RE: Any Schools recruiting now Reply with quote

Hi,
I've been looking for school jobs in Khartoum. There are some of the schools that are recruiting:
Khartoum Basic School.
Unity High School.

Salaries aren't that good for the first one, but it's a really organised school and the owner is great. Maybe as an expat you may be able to negotiate a good deal. Unity High School offers accommodation too, so please check out their website for details.
CITC offers accommodation, $1500 salary etc.
Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: