Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anbody out there from Vancouver?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Anbody out there from Vancouver? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to this dicussion forum so I don't know where everybody is from but I'm hoping there is at least one person out there from Vancouver! I want to take either a TEFL or CELTA course but there are a million schools here to choose from. Can anybody recommend a good school or know how to spot a good program?

They're all starting to sound the same to me!! Rolling Eyes

I would appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks!
MN
Celeste

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Vancouver. I took my TEFL certificate at winfield college. They have a good program. If you want to do the CELTA in Vancouver, there are 2 places that do it. There is Columbia College (Downtown near BCIT downtown campus, and then there is some place near Surrey. I would not recommend doing the CELTA in the 4 week course, it is much better to do it over 3 months, then you will actually have time to digest what you are learning, and enough time to put more thought into the assignments.
MN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Celeste, I will check them out! Very Happy
JDYoung

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm another Winfield grad (April 2003). They have a good rep with employers. 120 hours and includes 5 observed teaching sessions with real ESL students. Just stopped in there last week to tell Gavin and Lynette (the two TEFL instructors) that I got a job.

Arrange an appointment with them and they will be happy to tell you about their program.
Gordon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend the CELTA. I did it in Richmond at Kwantlen College in 1999 and it was tough but very worthwhile. You'd be hard pressed to find more qualified trainers anywhere and the CELTA will open up a lot of doors because it is so well known. You can email me if you have any Q's.
Fargi_prc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any previous teaching experience and all you really need is the certificate and a bit of training go to www.teachandtravel.com They have an office on Water street just above Sonar.
Gordon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teach and Travel? I think they wanted a good program. Read other comments from people who have been trying to get a refund on their money from Teach and Travel first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: