Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sakkara/EGYPT Questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scb222

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Sakkara/EGYPT Questions Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone can explain why Sakkara always advertise with "immediate start, urgent, etc". Is it because teachers run, and therefore working there isnt good?

I have taught in Turkey and in 3 countries in Asia and would like to work in Egypt for a change. Can anyone recommend a good school that pays well? I have a BA, PG Cert. TESL (university level), and a PGCE, plus 6 years experience, including DOS and management positions. I wouldnt like to work for less than US$1,500, is this an amount that is possible to get in Egypt?

Thanks!
stoth1972

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sakkara is a good school for someone with no teaching qualification and limited experience. You won't get $1500 from them. With your experience, I would suggest you look elsewhere in Egypt. You should be able to find better work in better schools.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is so much that they run because it is such a bad place. It is just that they move on to a place that pays more as soon as they can. And since they take people with few or no credentials, they often get undependable people.

And then there is the problem of poor planning and being able to match student numbers to teacher hiring. Laughing This can be a problem in even the better places.

VS
fadedgirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I worked at Sakkara, at least 2 sets of teachers would leave...once in October and once in February. They couldn't make it...and it's not the best place to work. Egypt is not the best place for a woman to start her first teaching job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: