Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French funding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: French funding Reply with quote

Hello all,
After two years in France with my French husband, I�ve finally received my permit de sejour, with the ability to work. As an American with a BA in art history, I�m facing the daunting task of trying to find work here at the end of the world in the Arcachon bay. Right now I�m trying to figure out how to fund a certificate program, but it�s difficult without a job. I have two questions:

1) Has anyone had any success with having the ANPE fund any kind of tefl certificate program, or is there any equivalent offered by the French government?

2) Do I send my resume and cover letter out for teaching/tutoring jobs in English or French?

Any information anyone has would be helpful. Thanks.
Luder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Never heard of anybody getting a TEFL course funded by the ANPE. It wouldn't hurt to ask them, but to find teaching work in France a TEFL is almost never necesary. The equivalent of a "licence" often is. Besides, I don't think most French employers, even in language schools, have ever heard of TEFL.

2) If I'm responding to an ad in English, I put everything in English. If the ad's in French, everything goes in French. I even put my last name in all caps. Likewise, if I send an unsolicited application, all in French. My interviews have always been in French too, unless the interviewer is a native English speaker.

Good luck out there in the back of beyond.
ketama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: