Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English Language Solutions, Azerbaijan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardoll

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: English Language Solutions, Azerbaijan Reply with quote

Hello to anyone who has been to Baku!

I am looking for a job and need to find out the contact details of a present Director of Studies at English Language Solutions to send off my CV
because wheneverI look I see a general email address of the admin office (or it can also be recruitment manager or whatever you call it).

Any ideas?
Thanks
Stardoll
slaqdog

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lang Sols are currently advertising a position in Kuwait; you can use the same contact info to send your CV- Barry does the selections for LS
otuzbirci

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lang Sols are bottom feeders-lowering the bar in every country they are in.
stardoll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: How corrurpt Language Solutions in Azerbaijan are! Reply with quote

Well...some months have passed since I last been to the interview to that company after my last post here. I was applying for a part-time job.

A notice to the foreigners and people considering Language Solutions in Azerbaijan - Firstly, D O N' T even think about it. The HR manager is very corrupt. In fact, what is interesting she employs the local teachers from the same region as she is, for instance, and gets money from them to get employed there.

Secondly, to a CELTA qualified teacher like me (who has more than 2.5 years of experience), they gave me an entrance test, which they normally use to check the level of the new students enrolling to the school, which to my mind, was of intermediate level accompanied with a task to write a short essay.

I would also like to emphasize that the HR manager is NOT a teacher, just an administrator. A girl from reception, who is a non-teacher, also was present at the interview (probably the HR manager's relative or best friend). So they both made a speaking test for me, as well, by asking some stupid questions like:

- "What levels do you normally teach?"
- "Beginner to Advanced - all levels."
And the HR manager asked to clarify:
- "So you mean you teach Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate...?"

After the interview they told that they would take time considering my case because there were some other applicants as well, who, more or less, passed the entrance test to get accepted to the course. How cool is that?
kazazt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course by HR Manager they mean a little girl with no HR qualifications and no management qualifications. No doubt she was a receptionist a few years ago.
yakov1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: lang solutions Reply with quote

well i was offered a job with them twice, once as my first job(but i chose uzbekistan) and secondly when uzbekistan didnt work out. the pay was rather generous(though you still had to pay for your own apartment) and was 600 dollars a month more than EF were paying there which also required your own apartment. it was the equilavent of about $2400 USD a month minus approximate apartment cost of $600 per month. it is , however, more expensive to live there than a lot of russia.

i spoke to the boss on all occasions and he was very polite and also understanding when i wasn't able to come due to my girlfriend going into hospital with a serious condition. flight re-imbursement was on arrival which is a good and rare policy. i do know the teacher hours are a bit crazy with often 3 hour blocks due to the requirements of the BP contract plus there might be a lot of travel in the city. this would be a negative.

overall, though, they certainly impressed me at the recruitment stage but perhaps things have changed but i thought i would express my view for the sake of balance.
kazazt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha they lost the BP contract years ago.
yakov1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it could of only been a year ago because that was when i was in discussions with them..
kazazt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They lost it in 2003.
slaqdog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
yakov1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: um lol Reply with quote

that is really funny...all the information they sent me was in regard to the BP contract...very interesting indeed!
kazazt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out their website and see no mention of it.
yakov1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: my apologies Reply with quote

just looked through my emails and my offer was with language services direct in Azerbajina, with Paul thorley as director:

"Teaching
There are two main offices, one based about 10 minutes out of the centre catering for the BP contract and one in the centre catering for the non-BP clients. The classes would be adult working with groups from BP or with our other clients. The classes are small from between 1 and 6 students but typically one to 3 to 4 students in a group. You may be asked to do an open group (max 10 people) which would be in the evening. All classes finish by 8.00pm. Most of the BP classes finish by 6.30. However I could not guarantee that you would not have to do evening work. The BP groups would be at a high level of competence, typically FCE, CAE, IELTS, TOEFL standard but other groups might be lower, Intermediate or Pre-Intermediate."

so it is these guys and not the ones you are talking about, that i had contact with and appear to have the BP contract. My apologies.
kazazt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He used to work for Langsols along with his partner when they had the BP contract but left to start their own franchise after being fed up with the apalling crassness of Langsols.
ThomasGradgrind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Language Solutions plumb the depths... Reply with quote

Things have recently taken a real turn for the worse in with Language Solutions UK in Azerbaijan. It now appears that LS, in particular the Director MT, are scraping the barrel of human indignity. A colleague of mine relates the following tale, one that truly beggars belief and almost had me gagging in contempt.

Just imagine this: your wife, who is living in a foreign country, suddenly dies, so you request a few days of compassionate leave to do the funeral arrangements. On top of that, you need to consider just how you will cope looking after your four now motherless children.

Upon your return to work, after a mere three days of leave, you are dismissed - without reason. Even worse, you are told to leave the country as soon as possible, despite having done nothing wrong, but merely to please the whim of a local Azerri manager.

Sounds impossible? Well, step forward - Language Solutions UK! I'm sure that the company's director, MT, will be feeling extremely proud of himself today, having achieved the remarkable feat of both breaking employment laws AND dealing somebody a kick in the balls at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: