Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ladyboys...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bourbon street

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

having spent quite some time in thailand, i can assure you that finding out a person's sex is very simple. just ask! despite the silly rumors that abound, most ladyboys have no desire to take you home and trick you into something with which you are uncomfortable. however, some ladyboys, if given the opportunity, will clobber you over the head and rob you blind. once again, if you're not sure just ask. ladyboys are proud of their sexuality and love to flaunt.

one more tip when traveling in thailand: at the cost of sounding very cliche'. IF IT LOOKS AND SMELLS LIKE A RAT, IT'S PROBABLY A RAT!

thailand is the coolest country on the planet. have fun but keep your head on straight. hope you have a great trip.
leosmith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone explain asian womens' fascination with ladyboys?
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I'll take a stab at that.

I think some women are attracted to ladyboys (or gay men) because they don't feel threatened;

i.e. they can have fun and get crazy and / or drunk without any sexual undercurrents.

Not that I'm speaking from first-hand experience or anything. Very Happy

Last edited by Kent F. Kruhoeffer on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
benandjerry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate if you cant tell the difference then there is something very wrong with you.
pelican

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea that the lady boys were often after the cash...I've been to Thailand three times now (love it!), have had a few interactions with ladyboys and they seem to me to be mostly fun and another testimony to the Thais more cool attitudes to all sorts of genders...Maybe I tend to walk around Thailand looking not too loaded (with the cash), so i've had no troubles thus far, but thanks for the warning.
pelican
cornishmuppet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from a couple of weeks in Thailand. I just couldn't believe how many of them there were. What exactly is it that makes Thailand such a popular place for these gender benders? I was chased down the street in Bangkok by a blatant LB, and even the passport official at the airport was a transvestite. Bizarre.
joemac332

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread but i was just wondering...can thai people usually tell the difference? i was with a girl last night and i asked the bartender if she was a ladyboy and he just laughed and said no...and the guy in my hotel said no. the only reason i thought that she could have been is because she seemed "too" pretty...paranoid, i know.
DMPT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be paranoid. If you think someone's sexy, they're sexy. So let them please you. Being caught up with some judgmental crap is not the Thai way. Be free...
Master Shake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets talk percentages here. Are 5% of attractive women in Thailand ladyboys? 10%? 20%?

I love no-limit Texas Hold-em. Putting some figures to the (fe)males would let me know how conservative a player I need to be.
Pauleddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: LadyBoys Reply with quote

If she is pretty and you like her, go for it. Sexuality is a fluid thing anyway.

LBs are common here in Thailand. There are several posters on the Thai expat sites who used to be married with kids but now live with LBs.

Some are very very beautiful.

The guys on here who "worry" about being gay are just full of the same old crap that you get in redneck parts of the UK and USA.

As the saying goes: "The only difference between a straight man and a bisexual man is about 4 pints of beer"

P
alexcase

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do tend to be taller even than most Thai guys, let alone the women. Add the high heels and you have to wonder why they thought they'd ever pass as a woman...

All of the above, plus chins. As a totally straight male it was quite relaxing to hang around in Soi 4 and know that you couldn't make a mistake because they were all guys so all you needed to do was say no.

TEFLtastic blog- www.tefl.net/alexcase
fishcado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a ladyboy who was visiting from Thailand over the weekend. I was stunned at how beautiful she (he?) was. Small frame, petite, and not a hint of an adam's apple. Apparently she appeared in a recent ladyboy calendar (I'm oblivious to these type of things). She was very modest and polite but after a few drinks...

Scratch that one off the bucket list Laughing

OK back to work.. Mad
Eagle Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why there are so many ladyboys in Thailand is because there is a huge demand for them...especially by farang...supply and demand= sexual economics! Shocked
Solar Strength

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishcado wrote:
I ran into a ladyboy who was visiting from Thailand over the weekend. I was stunned at how beautiful she (he?) was. Small frame, petite, and not a hint of an adam's apple. Apparently she appeared in a recent ladyboy calendar (I'm oblivious to these type of things). She was very modest and polite but after a few drinks...

Scratch that one off the bucket list Laughing

OK back to work.. Mad

If that's what you're into, then have at it. I think, though, that this can turn a lot of guys off of Thailand.
GeminiTiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just left Thailand I found the whole ladyboy thing to be a bit fun, especially since I was always with my fiancee. I would almost say the "what gender are you" question should be eliminated in that country as I saw just about everything including one Thai girl kissing another girl in a 7-11.

For those who advise to forget everything and just enjoy sexy, enjoy your meat sausage in the 3rd course. No thanks.

Over all I really enjoyed the whole culture, including the ladyboys and mangirls (I just made that up). Cool place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Thailand All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: