Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List of Schools in Costa Rica
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English 2 Go does not hire foreigners if they have a detectable non-American accent, nor does Brian Logan's gig, can't remember its name (they might make an expection if you have tons of teaching experience, but I was told to *beep* off seemingly based on my non-nativeness, though I can't say for sure). New Language Academy hires foreigners and natives both, and offer classes in their Guadalupe HQ plus business classes around the city. Pay is about $4.50 for school classes and $6.50 for business. School classes during the week (morning and afternoon-night) are generally small and are taught twice a week in 2-hour lessons. They also have Saturday classes, four-hour intensives, whose size is usually larger (6-10 students as opposed to week-day 3-8).

Happy? :)
John Hall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks. As far as I know, Brian Logan's gig is still called Idioma Internacional. Can you tell us more about English 2 Go? I am not familiar with that one.
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

English 2 Go is run from San Joaquin and does, as far as I know, solomente business teaching. They recruit a lot from the MA TESOL course, I think the head guy (George Theiss III or something) goes out there every month and holds a little speech. I've a couple of friends working there and they seem pleased. Well paid at 7ish dollars per hour, I believe.
John Hall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleLarssen wrote:
the MA TESOL course

Do you mean the TESOL course in Manuel Antonio?
Ecrivain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butler Academy: In addition to in-academy classes, they've started doing business classes. Most are still close to Heredia, though. Bruce is gone; the new academic coordinator is named Madlin and she can be reached at [email protected].
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hall wrote:
OleLarssen wrote:
the MA TESOL course

Do you mean the TESOL course in Manuel Antonio?

Yes, sorry, didn't mean to be unclear.
zeddiez

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an update on Whittemore de Costa Rica, S.A. Still about the same requirements. Saw their ad in Tico Times today. I hear they are paying around $8.00 (4,000.00) per hour San Jose/Heredia/Alajulea areas and around $8.65 (4,500.00) per hour Cartago and outlaying areas. Their new web site is http://www.inglescostarica.com and email is [email protected]
John Hall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeddiez wrote:
Here's an update on Whittemore de Costa Rica, S.A. Still about the same requirements. Saw their ad in Tico Times today. I hear they are paying around $8.00 (4,000.00) per hour San Jose/Heredia/Alajulea areas and around $8.65 (4,500.00) per hour Cartago and outlaying areas. Their new web site is http://www.inglescostarica.com and email is [email protected]

Very interesting website with a lot of straight talk about what it is like to teach company classes in Costa Rica. Definitely worth reading, if you are looking for more information on this kind of thing. I thought it was quite interesting that they state that they prefer teachers who are 30 or more years old!
John Hall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ulacit's website:

www.ulacit.ac.cr

Job opps page for Idioma Internacional:

http://www.idiomacr.com/job_opps.htm

If you want phone numbers of English language institutes in Costa Rica, check out this page:

http://www.paginasamarillas.com/pagamanet/procesos/empresaCategoriaMB.aspx?idi=1&ipa=8&npa=Costa-Rica&ica=2271
John Hall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump again.
Julieanne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if English2go is reputable company or if you have worked for them? Thanks
OleLarssen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E2G is reputable, and the people I've talked to who works for them have had no complaints. Only good things to say about them, in fact. I was there for an interview and was treated well, but because of my accent I wasn't eligble (however you spell that) for a job there.
Roundtrip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Golden Valley School in Costa Rica Reply with quote

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about Golden Valley School in Heredia?

Roundtrip
Tarrasque

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bumping the thread again..

Was wondering if anyone had experience working at New Learning Academy? I read OleLarssen's post about their pay rates and working hours, but was wondering if anyone can say whether they are a reputable place to work or not? I had noticed them advertising on Dave's today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: