Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving to Paris - CELTA as an option

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Moving to Paris - CELTA as an option Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am planning to move to Paris (from London) to join my partner who is parisian.
My french is not that great so i won't be able to find any job.
I decided to get CELTA as i beleive it's the only option for me to find a job quickly. I have degree in economics, so i am planning to teach Business English in the future.
I know that i can earn about 1500EUR a month. Well, as i will have a place to live and it will be our second income i guess it won't be that bad.

Any advise or opinion will be hightly appreciated.
fancynan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you planning to take the CELTA in Paris? If so, which school will you attend?
scotsgirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: CELTA in Paris Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am also looking to obtain a CELTA qualification in Paris. I have found two schools that appear to be good - Transfer and International Language Centre (ILC). I am trying to gather some first-hand experience regarding these schools as they are both the same price and offer the same course. However, the ILC does have far more courses running - one every month. I am interested to hear if you have come across a different school or have heard anything about those aforementioned?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Lynsey
fancynan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into Tansfer but never received timely replies to my emails. I ended up taking a TEFL course with TEFL Paris, which is actually outside of Paris, in a small village named Tournan. I thought it was quite good. I also applied to Transfer but was not overly impressed at the interview. I took a job with a different school. If you plan to teach in Paris, a CELTA will not give you an advantage over a TEFL certificate. If you want to check out the course I took, go to: www.ttcp.org

Good luck.
jakemh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tried to contact Transfer and never heard back, and I've talked to a couple other people who had the same experience. I ended up taking the CELTA course with ILC. They're legit, organized, and professional. Some of the trainees thought one of the instructors was sarcastically critical to an unprofessional extent, but if you don't let that get under your skin, you can learn a lot from them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: