Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Riyadh life?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Riyadh life? Reply with quote

What is life in Riyadh like? Does anybody else know anything about the Institute of Banking in Ryiadh? what's the average pay (in KSA) for a TEFL/TESL teacher holding M.A. + 9 years of teaching experience?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Riyadh life? Reply with quote

samsong wrote:
What is life in Riyadh like? Does anybody else know anything about the Institute of Banking in Ryiadh? what's the average pay (in KSA) for a TEFL/TESL teacher holding M.A. + 9 years of teaching experience?

Why not check their web site:http://www.iobf.org/content/careers.asp

Also, you may contact the Head of English Language Studies Unit, to give you more infor about their salary scale and other job info.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of nice mosques.
Van Norden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Riyadh life? Reply with quote

samsong wrote:
What is life in Riyadh like?
I haven't seen any signs of life.

This city desert makes you feel so cold / It's got so many people, but it's got no soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Riyadh life? Reply with quote

Van Norden wrote:
This city desert makes you feel so cold / It's got so many people, but it's got no soul

A City Without Water Is A City Without A Soul

To be in Riyadh is to be in touch with everything in life except Hip-Hop, Hip-bop, and Bip-bop. Laughing
Van Norden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tried to make me go to Riyadh but I said "NO NO NO"
pklocek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riyadh is not as bad as it everyone makes it out to seem. Note: I said "AS BAD. Sure, Riyadh is pretty bad but there are worse places in KSA. I have also worked in Hafr al-Batin (a TRUE wasteland) and Qassim (a place that makes Riyadh look like Amsterdam). Believe me, you could do worse than Riyadh.
Van Norden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think our AWOL OP is choosing between different Saudi cities. I'd imagine it's either Riyadh or bust.
BajaLaJaula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't get a chance on the other thread...it got locked.....

VN....love the avatar....

I imagine the picture was taken during a weekend visit to
Bahrain....

Rock on.... Cool

Last edited by BajaLaJaula on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first time I saw it, my thought was "trailer trash" Laughing

VS
Queen of Sheba

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Riyadh life? Reply with quote

samsong wrote:

I think you should be able to pull a good salary with those qualifications of over 12 SAR a month. I have never heard of the institute myself, although maybe others who have will comment. As far as life in Riyadh goes, well you work, eat, sleep, watch TV, order satellite cable service, buy DVDs, go on the internet, are surrounded by human life forms, in addition to some plant and animal life. One oddity is that there is a lot more sand than most people are used to. Therefore the argument can be made that cats do better than some ESL teachers as they have the luxurious and endless cat box to "use."
Van Norden

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
VS
Excuse me? What a horrible thing to say. Calling any group of people "trash" is as bad as using a racial slur. Very disappointing VS.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van Norden wrote:
veiledsentiments wrote:
VS
Excuse me? What a horrible thing to say. Calling any group of people "trash" is as bad as using a racial slur. Very disappointing VS.

...the common term used in the US to describe people that looks like those in the picture... the other term is "poor white trash." Horrible? No worse than many of the terms we see here referring to various managements, fellow teachers, students, etc...

If it is an actual photo of you and the missus, I hope you are not permanently traumatized by the terminology...

I'm still crushed that the Queen referred to us teachers as 'blue collar' in that other thread... Laughing

VS
Stephen Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
still crushed that the Queen referred to us teachers as 'blue collar' in that other thread...
She must work in a right regal place if her colleagues attire actually runs to collars.
letitslidedude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Steve man! Reply with quote

Come on Stephen Jones!

Any info about TAIBA University? contract? perks? Salary? Working environment? Life in Madinah? And more!

You are the man in Saudi, you don't post a lot, but when you do, it is always the truth.

Waiting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: