Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEACHING IN BRITTANY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura C

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: TEACHING IN BRITTANY Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm moving to Rennes in Brittany in a few weeks and will be there until next July (my boyfriend lives there and is finishing his last year at university). I have read in Teaching English Abroad that it is possible to teach 1:1 in France via telephone or internet -- has anyone done this who could give me some help in starting?

Also, does anyone have any tips on the best ways to get some teaching work in Rennes? I'm lucky to only have to look for part time work, so am happy to teach from home if that's possible.

I have a year's teaching experience in Tokyo, but no TEFL, and have just finished my MA. I'm only starting to learn French -- and don't mind dishwashing or bar work if teaching is out of my league with these qualifications! I thought that's why 1:1 teaching at home might be more realistic.

Any help gratefully received...

Laura
rogan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest thing to do is to put up some small ads offering 1:1 teaching together with a mobile number.

Alternatively read the posts here about where and how to find work in France - I'm too tired to keep saying the same things over and over and over again.

Rennes is the nearest city to me and I've done fine here for the last 13 years !
Laura C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the posts here about finding work in France -- but none were specific enough, which is why I posted my question about phone/internet work.

Thanks for your reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: