Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best employer in Morocco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steady

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racist b%$#@&*.
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, "Moroccan" is a nationality not a race. Moroccans are a mixed breed of Berber, Arab, Phoenician, with Allah knows what else thrown in.

And if anything, my comment was a backhanded compliment to a group of people I find quite capable.
TwinCentre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Ramadan yet?
steady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six long weeks before - as Oasisdweller would put it - a month long party. I can't wait till the middle of September. I've bought all my party hooters, three gross of balloons and party hats a go-go. Happy Holiday cards are sitting in envelopes...YIPPEE!! Are you coming for the party Twin Center? Hod will be desperate to join us. Kisses to all.
Urban_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm simply crushed that I won't be in Morocco for Ramadan this year but I'm off for some cultural sensitivity training. Will you be serving refreshments Dear Steady? If so, will it be before or after sunset?
steady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbly just before f'tour and the usual grog and toddies after. If you send me your e-mail address, I shall make sure you get the nightly video highlights of the frolicking. May well be posting them on You-Tube. You really should try to get back for one night of fancifulness: surely worth the fare.

I've been looking for a course on cultural sensitivity training. Please be so kind as to send me the guff.

Stead (on there)
Urban_Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You really should try to get back for one night of fancifulness: surely worth the fare.

I may be opting for a refresher course on the Koran but will do my best.
steady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sooooo jealous. I've been wanting to do one of these for an age and a half.
Hod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could we get back on topic, please?

The best employer in Casa is undoubtedly the booze section in Acima supermarket. Granted, it's packed all day long with queues of obnoxious yet devout Moroccan men and a few women stocking up on crates of Maghrebi wine and Speciale beer, but you do get to go home at 8pm and don't even need to turn up for work all Ramadan long.
steady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember an article in Le Matin in the nineties. It said that as Moroccans were not partakers of the devil�s brew, foreigners were responsible for a consumption of 7.8 litres of alcohol per foreigner, per day. Now I can put away quite a bit but�What sort of discount do you think the cash desk assistants get in the booze section of Acima?
TwinCentre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I do remember the good old Ramadan days in Casa.

I did actually appreciate the hustle and bustle in the evenings during ramadan...it made a nice change. The daytimes always seemed quite eerie....especially travelling on trains. I remember the internet cafe on Zerktoni (sp?) almost had a nightclub atmosphere during Ramandan evenings, lots of Moroccan's back from the states etc, hanging out....

The first ramadan in Morocco for me came suddenly without much warning, and I was left without alcohol for 5 weeks, with only the option of the Holiday Inn bar at 5 euros a small special beer!

The second one was a different story, a mate and I went on a two week mission to buy up the city's alcohol stocks prior to Ramadan starting. Big rucksacks dragged to each and every Acima, stacked to the brim with fine wines, whisky and beer. My kitchen looked like an off-license to say the least.

Did the stocks last for all of Ramadan? Did they ********...about 2 weeks I reckon, I kept having visitors for some reason, they weren't all Moroccans though, one was from UAE...oh, and a few European expats thrown in.

My third, forth and fifth Ramadan's were much better.....I wasn't there!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: