Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH in Kharkiv and Kiev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingfish2004

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: IH in Kharkiv and Kiev Reply with quote

Has anyone been with IH in Ukraine? (no Ukraine subject in this forum, a bit strange) Is it as bad as IH in Russia?

I submitted CV twice and never got a dicky bird. Evil or Very Mad

ruslan
Kent F. Kruhoeffer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:15 am    Post subject: Russia & C.I.S. Reply with quote

Privyet flyingfish2004:

I have no first-hand info for you regarding International House - Ukraine, but I agree with you completely that the name of this forum should be changed to the 'Russia & C.I.S. Forum', which would include the Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

One of these days I'll get around to making that recommendation to the board moderators. In the meantime (and in my humble opinion) we should all consider the Russia Forum to be open for any and all C.I.S. questions and discussions.

Have a nice weekend Exclamation

Regards,
kENt
Buck Turgidson

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet Ukraine does warrant its own place in the Job information journal where there are a total of four posts. I loved Ukraine but unfortunately the job prospects remain bleak. I was there briefly last year intending to find work but I was called home due to a personal emergency. Someday I hope to go back but I probably wouldn't work for IH. I have heard some bad stories and besides I have some good friends I can stay with there until I find something better. Smile

Sorry I can't give you any specific information about IH Ukraine.

Buck
jpvanderwerf2001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: IH Reply with quote

I worked in IH Lviv (near the Polish border) for two years and had the time/experience of my life. The director is trustworthy, the staff is eventually (Ukrainians tend to be stoic) warm and friendly, and the city itself is phenomenal (Mar.-Sept.). The winters tend to be a bit bleak, but hey.
I traveled a few times to IH Kharkiv while I lived there, and the IH school, in my humble opinion, is most aesthetically pleasing. I got to know the directors of that school and the school (I don't know if it's IH yet) in Dnipropetrovsk, and they are righteous, dependable guys.
Sorry, I know vitually nothing about IH Kyiv.
All-in-all, Ukraine is a great place to teach and to live, especially if you happen to be a young, single male, for a variety of reasons.
peace out.jp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: