Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regent School
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like they like to keep their teachers pretty reliant on the school for shelter, money etc. This type of situation is always best avoided. I don't stick to just one school for this (and many other) reasons. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket, so they say.
Blue Sky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit that after reading all the posts about Regent I've been thinking for a long time whether there's any point sharing my personal opinions about the school. All the negative comments seem exhaustive as to the real face of the management and the way teachers are treated there. Still, I'd like to warn all the prospective teachers about what they are bound to meet at Regent, so here come my observations.

First of all, you must realise that you'll be satisfied with your job only if you agree with everything imposed on you by the owner of the school. By "everything" I mean never-ending changes in the timetable, having your teaching hours slashed (depending on the owner's mood and NOT the quality of teaching), the omnipresent mess in the management and favouring teachers who agree with this. It's a fact that qualifications and responsibility mean very little here. What is appreciated is the so-called loyality which is defined here as devoting your whole life to the school.

Unfortunately, I experienced mobbing there as well. I can think of at least one situation when I was humiliated by the owner of the school in front of my colleagues, although I didn't do anything wrong. The other day I overheard her making very offensive comments about myself, which was totally unmerited.

In a word, give Regent a wide berth.
newyorker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by newyorker on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Sky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newyorker wrote:
That place could have been such a great place to work if they treated their teachers with respect. Treated them like human beings who have a life or would like to cultivate one in order to stay in Poland longer.

That's exactly what I think of Regent. Despite all the unacceptable aspects of working there, I still believe that this place could have a potential for creative teachers to spread their wings. Specifically, the classrooms are properly equipped, teachers have access to a wide range of resources, the salary is decent (as for Polish conditions), and, on a personal note, I must admit that I had pleasure to co-operate with some really ambitious students. Still, I felt like a slave at Regent, so I wasn't happy while working there.
billbob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet again, personal attacks by page 2!
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

I blame all the pettiness on North Americans and Scots Billbob.....and Mormons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: