Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footie match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: footie match Reply with quote

Is anyone going to the england-turkey match on Saturday? Most of my friends are s#** scared, spending the night at home and watching the match on tv. Are you braving it?
FGT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: The game! Reply with quote

Think it would be unwise to go to the international unless heavily disguised/camouflaged as a Turkey supporter and even then only with people you know and trust. England could be knocked out of the competition (as far as I understand it) if their fans go, hence no tickets being sold.

What about Besiktas-Chelsea though? I'd like to go to that one. I'm a lifetime Chelsea supporter and Besiktas sympathiser (well, they're not cim bom bok!). Any idea about tickets?
dmb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could start at their websites. Or you could try to blag it. a couple years ago I turned up at the cim bom bok/Rangers match. I found a friendly policeman(they do exist) and made out that I had lost my ticket and all my friends were inside the stadium. sob sob Sad . It worked and he walked me into the stadium and I saw a great game. pity about the result though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: