Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

seeking esl teaching in Queretero...any advice...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cillagypsysoul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: seeking esl teaching in Queretero...any advice...? Reply with quote

have experience in quito...don't really care about the $...just the experience, and to get to know the country...
dan allan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Queretaro and Mexico City Reply with quote

Sure, I have advice about Queretaro. Don't bother the pay is so bad. I suggest you try Mexico City, make a lot more money and visit all the beautiful places in and around the city. General advice is you cannot live on the pay outside DF. Been there, done that. Let me know if you decide to try DF, and I'll try to put you onto some things.

DAN.
Brenda

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I see your point about salary, but not every area is made the same in Mexico and depending on each person's lifestyle you could probably live decently on what they pay in Queretaro. I dunno. I lived in Leon for a year and the cost of living there is very high and I like to have a healthy social life so for me I'd agree with your comment, but it may not apply to everyone.

Actually, I'd love to hear about your point of view on life in DF and any leads you might have for me as for employers. I'm planning on returning to Mexico for the end of March 2003 and would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Brenda
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Queretaro is a beautiful city, that is, the centro historico. The rest ranges from industral wastelands, to poverty stricken slum regions to sort of upper middle class areas with a bit of everything in between.
I lived there for a year, and though my year was less than succesful, financially, it was one of the most interesting times of my life. Queretaro is expensive, by Mexican standards. Apartments are not cheap, and decent ones are hard to find. You can find cheap accomodation if you are interested in shared housing, but that's not for everyone.
Read my post "Queretaro Blues" on the Job Info Journal to see what I mean.
There are some language institutes that pay sort of decently for Mexico, but not many. Try a place called Shamrok in Juriquilla. The problem with some of the better paying places is that you will have to do a lot of travelling, and that depends on you as to whether or not you want to do that.
I miss Queretaro and wish I were still there at times, but I don't miss being broke all the time.
Suerte
Some waygug-in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: