Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thumbs Up for Brunei !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bentanddisfunctional

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

great thread with lots of useful information for potential Brunei teachers.

My question-the websites list the salary range at $42-77000 BND with yearly increments.

What did you start on and what would I?
How does the yearly increment work- anybody at the top of the scale?

I'm a 41 year old male,NZ citizen,BSC degree,Post Graduate diploma of Teaching,TEFL certified with 12 years of teaching experience in SEA.
Currently teaching in an international school in Myanmar.

Thanks

Bent
celtica

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent you a pm. There are many who are on the top scale - and have been for a number of years. People with families tend to find it difficult to leave ....for positive family reasons!
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Brunei offer any teaching positions in universities or are they all in primary and secondary schools?
jsteventon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: CfBT Reply with quote

Hi

All the CfBT teaching posts in Brunei are in Primary, Secondary or 6th Form Colleges.

Good luck!
JS
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply Smile So outside of CfBT, are there ANY uni jobs to be had in Brunei? The pay and benefits for the CfBT jobs sound great. I have a teaching eligibility cert, but only 1.5 years at secondary and half a year at primary, then language schools. BUt I prefer uni, I'm on my fifth year teaching uni kids..
jsteventon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: university vacancies Reply with quote

You could check out the website of UBD - the principal university in Brunei. it is www.ubd.edu.bn
There are university jobs to be had, but the application process tends to be much longer that applying with CfBT for government schools. The salaries are a little lower ...

Hope everything works out for you!
JS
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: university vacancies Reply with quote

jsteventon wrote:
You could check out the website of UBD - the principal university in Brunei. it is www.ubd.edu.bn
There are university jobs to be had, but the application process tends to be much longer that applying with CfBT for government schools. The salaries are a little lower ...

Hope everything works out for you!
JS

Hey, thanks so much. I'm enquiring for future reference. I have a good uni job here, about $40K min a year, plus those 20 weeks paid vacations aren't bad. But we're going to try to have kids, so free education wouldn't be a bad deal.
Bart1982

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching this thread with interest. I am a Dutch teacher myself. Are there any options for non native speakers in Brunei? I guess the cftb only recruits native speakers?
jsteventon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Dutch teacher Reply with quote

Hi,

The teachers here are all native English speakers, with the exception of one teacher from France who is UK qualified.

JS
Bart1982

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so, thanks for the reply:)
ironopolis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bentanddisfunctional wrote:
Hi everyone

great thread with lots of useful information for potential Brunei teachers.

My question-the websites list the salary range at $42-77000 BND with yearly increments.

What did you start on and what would I?
How does the yearly increment work- anybody at the top of the scale?

I'm a 41 year old male,NZ citizen,BSC degree,Post Graduate diploma of Teaching,TEFL certified with 12 years of teaching experience in SEA.
Currently teaching in an international school in Myanmar.

Thanks

Bent

I'm wondering the same about the pay scale. All I've found is the salary range but what I'd really like to know is roughly where I might be on it.

My experience and qualifications are similar to the poster above - but from the UK, PGCE, Tefl certified and about 18 years experience in total, most of it in East Asia.

I notice this question has been asked a couple of times on this thread but answered by PM. I'd much appreciate any more detailed info on this, either in the thread or by sending me a PM.

BTW, thanks to a number of people above for a really informative thread.
jsteventon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Brunei salary Reply with quote

Hi,

I am not sure of how present salaries work, but i think that range would include the 2 months yearly bonus. The top of the range certainly works out as 14 months, not 12.

JS
wanderlustlady

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the Salary Range question: My pay with CfBT was calculated to be $4000 per month. I have 4 years ESL in Taiwan, and 5-6 years in Canadian schools. My top salary would be 5250, and no, this did not include the end of contract bonus. Just the monthly rate.
jsteventon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: salary in Brunei Reply with quote

Hi again,

To clarify - I just meant that the Br$77000 quoted seems to include the 2 months bonus.

JS
wanderlustlady

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with that. It seems to be the top of the top and then an additional 2 months. It seems like a good contract...now they just have to offer it to me! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: