Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long term volunteering Pakistan/Bangladesh without a degree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bosch02

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Long term volunteering Pakistan/Bangladesh without a degree Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know whats available in the way of volunteer opportunities in these countries? I have TEFL cert only not finished degree yet and I would like to volunteer and get some experience while finishing my degree off (distance study).

I require room and board and do not wish to pay hefty fees for this. I can volunteer for any amount of time up to 2 years.

I would prefer Pakistan but I guess the security situation may make this difficult unless someone here knows different?

I am a native speaker.

Many Thanks.

Last edited by bosch02 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:10 am; edited 2 times in total
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would choose Bangladesh for volunteering...there is a huge job market for volunteers and it is generally safe there. PAKISTAN nowadays would be quite a dangerous place to volunteer...westerners are frequently targetted for kidnap and ransom.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Long term volunteering Pakistan/Bangladesh without a deg Reply with quote

bosch02 wrote:
Dose anyone know whats available in the way of volunteer opportunity's in these country's? I have TEFL cert only not finished degree yet and I would like to volunteer and get some experience while finishing my degree off (distance study).

Simply do an Internet search on volunteer Bangladesh.

By the way, if you plan to complete a degree via distance learning, keep in mind that the Internet in developing countries like Bangladesh may not be fast or stable enough for your needs. Plus, the Bangladeshi government has, at times, censored or shut down Internet usage.
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
volunteer opportunity's in these country's?

Native speaker?
...or troll.... Rolling Eyes

Either way, unless you understand the plural forms of common nouns, unlikely you'll be highly successful as an EFL teacher.
mingdynasty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Quote:

Native speaker?

Either way, unless you understand the plural forms of common nouns, unlikely you'll be highly successful as an EFL teacher.

At it again are we? Just ignore this poster. He's a kiddie 18yo teacher with no experience teaching EFL
spiral78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's obvious. Except that I've been a genuine poster on Dave's for the past 12 years Rolling Eyes I suppose I should be flattered that I appear so much younger than I really am Wink
bosch02

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Long term volunteering Pakistan/Bangladesh without a deg Reply with quote

nomad soul wrote:
bosch02 wrote:
Dose anyone know whats available in the way of volunteer opportunity's in these country's? I have TEFL cert only not finished degree yet and I would like to volunteer and get some experience while finishing my degree off (distance study).

Simply do an Internet search on volunteer Bangladesh.

By the way, if you plan to complete a degree via distance learning, keep in mind that the Internet in developing countries like Bangladesh may not be fast or stable enough for your needs. Plus, the Bangladeshi government has, at times, censored or shut down Internet usage.

I tried searching online but most of the results that came back involved paying a large amount of money for only a few months of volunteer work. I wouldn't be able to afford those sums over 2 years. How feasible do you think it would be to just show up in Bangladesh and find a school to hire me in exchange for accommodation and 3 meals a day?

Thanks.
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosch02 wrote:
How feasible do you think it would be to just show up in Bangladesh and find a school to hire me in exchange for accommodation and 3 meals a day?

Then try Googling charity school Bangladesh and email schools/organizations directly with your proposal and the date you expect to arrive in country. Also look into the type of visa you'd need.
kurtz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Quote:

Native speaker?

I was more concerned with Dose anyone......sounds a bit dangerous to me, I mean, administering medicine to anyone can't be a good thing, can it?

Bangladesh sounds like bad news. A place in which secular bloggers are hacked to death wouldn't be high on my teaching destination list, but each to their own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: