Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching in Algeria
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muslim expat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Teaching in Algeria Reply with quote

I am interested in any information about teaching english in Algeria. I plan to go there to be married insha Allah in October this year and though I have already researched some schools I would like to hear from somebody with first hand experience if possible. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Vteacher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy paradise. See you others in hell. Hint - asking for info on this sort of forum with a sig like that is perhaps counterproductive.
Africaexpert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it comes from the Koran, doesn't it? Kind of like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other?
Muslim expat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close africaexpert. It is a quote from Ali the 4th rightly guided Caliph of Islam and the nephew of the Prophet Muhammad saas. It wasn't made in regards to the angels that do sit and write the deeds of the person. It is more a warning to believers that worship without knowledge can be difficult as I believe everything without knowledge is.
Muslim expat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: What's happening??? Reply with quote

OK It looks like either nobody who reads this forum has taught in Algeria or VTeacher is right and there are people who have been put off by my quote and that may have caused a lack of replies to my question. Soooo I have changed my quote, which I believe is called a sig, and i will ask again for any information about teaching or schools in Algeria. It will be interesting to see if my new quote which is from the Qur'an, will offend or cause any more stimulating discussion.
Oasisdweller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how good Internet access is in Algeria. I know a couple guys who taught there, one is now in prison and the other has gone underground so I can't really get addresses or names of schools for you.
TwinCentre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Muslim Expat

I don't know anything about teaching in Algeria, but I had a former collegue who had done it for some time. So it is possible. I think there is some kind of British Council operation there, but not sure if they actually teach English, might just be projects. Check out their website. I have seen one or two ads for ESL in Algeria here on Daves in the past. Best thing you could do is contact the embassy in your country. Also, do you know that book "talk/teach your way around the world"? It is a TEFL jobs book, they actually had some addresses for Algerian schools in the back.
Muslim expat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I would like to thank those who helped with information. Obviously I am in for a challenge looking for work in Algeria. I have booked my flight and will be leaving in late October insha Allah so if anyone has any new information please continue to respond to this post.
Oasisdweller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do update this info after you get to Algeria. I'm sure you'll find the challenge you seek. Algerians are good people, by and large.
Latteegirl1974

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslim Expat, Asalam Walkum,
I had an offer to teach English at the university level. They were going o pay me about 1,000 us dollars a month. An Algerian woman told me this was a fair offer. Algeirs is wonderful, and the people are warm and friendly! Good Luck with your job search.
LG Cool
mismarnocar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Hopeland Institute: http://www.hopelanddz.com
Latteegirl1974

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the website is very impressive! I hope they achieve their goals for educational reform!

Algeria is back! Cool
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oasisdweller wrote:
Please do update this info after you get to Algeria. I'm sure you'll find the challenge you seek. Algerians are good people, by and large.

I'm sure they are good people. But so are the Australians, Peruvians and Kuwaitis. Algeria is back in the news for the wrong reasons.
Latteegirl1974

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten years ago Algerians wouldn't have been able to even think about education reform! Algeria is coming back. Cool
steady

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oasisdweller wrote:
Algerians are good people, by and large.

Are there any nations that are not good people, by and large?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Africa Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: