Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions on this LONO thing....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theycallmesusie1974

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Questions on this LONO thing.... Reply with quote

Husband is going over to Saudi Arabia through a Business Visa which will hopefully after three months, become a Work Visa.

I don't fully understand the LONO. Can anyone explain it for me please.

I would not want to have to leave Saudi and reside elsewhere for a long period of time waiting to be able to enter the country because of this.

Thank you,

Susie
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: noc and lono Reply with quote

LONO is also called NOC

When you leave employement in saudi Arabia you should get a LONO (Letter of No Objection) or NOC (No Objection Certificate) from your employer (sponsor) saying that he does not object to you working in Saudi Arabia for another employer.

If you do not have a LONO/NOC then you may have problems in getting back and you may be deported if you do come back.

Some people take a chance, ignore the need for a NOC/LONO and comeback with a new passport.

If your new employer is far away from the old onew that sometimes works, but there is a risk.
theycallmesusie1974

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: This leads to the next question... Reply with quote

Do most employers do this?

Which ones are known not to?

This seems like something that one would not discuss at the beginning of a contract. How do you make sure that the company/university would give a lono/noc letter upon completion of the contract?

Thank you,

Susie
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: lono or noc Reply with quote

You could post a question here and name your employer. Short of doing that I do not see how you will find out.

I know of many people who have fallen into this trap. they have come to dsaudi and then looked around. Only then did they realise what a bum deal they had from their employer. Someone else offers them a job but...............No NOC !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: